Football Programmes Centre

Millwall home Supporters Club programme 22/23
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Millwall home Supporters Club programme 22/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:05 pm 
Post subject: Millwall home Supporters Club programme 22/23

We all know that Millwall could not be bothered to produce an Official print programme for the 22/23 season and resorted to digital.

However the printed programme produced by the Supporters Club is excellent. I have just received a copy of the programme v Huddersfield and it is an excellent publication. A very interesting 16 colour pages and a credit to the Supporters Club.

£3.50 including delivery and no adverts!

Well done.
GaryF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:30 pm 
Post subject: Millwall Programmes

Yes - I think the Millwall supporters who took over the job of producing Matchday programmes last season, have all done an excellent job. We cannot thank them enough!

Only hope they will continue to do so for 2023/24 Season.
Great stuff.
Gary
GaryF

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:05 pm 
Post subject: Millwall progs for 2023/24 Season ???

Hi
Has anyone heard if the Millwall Supporters group who took over producing Millwall's Matchday progs for last season, are going to continue and make for the 2023/24 season?

I did write and ask a few weeks ago, but they replied they were not sure?

I really hope they do. Cos when I first heard the Club were no longer going to make matchday progs, it made me question whether I should give up this hobby for good?

I mean, what's the point of being a Programme Collector, if the team you collect does not make programmes anymore?

If the Millwall Supporters group hadn't come to the rescue, then I think I would've stopped collecting altogether, even the ones I need from previous historical seasons -

I've been a regular Season Ticket holder at The Den for several years now, and buying a Matchday programme was always a big part of the Matchday experience for me.

Even back in the late 1980s, when I first started going to The Den, the programme was always an important part of the day; with team news, away game reports, player/staff profiles/interviews, historical info, fixtures & league tables, and it was something to read at half-time.

And most importantly, it was a memento/reminder, about all the games I had been to.

So, to have that taken away from my Matchday experience at the Den, would've felt like a real big loss.

Though I'd of course still go the games, but it would have definitely felt like something was missing. Like it did that first Hamerby friendly game last summer, when no programme was produced - It felt so weird not to have a programme that day.

I am just so thankful that by the next friendly match vs Ipswich, the Millwall Supporters Group had stepped up and they did make a prog for that game. Big kudos to them!

So I hope they can continue for this next season.

Can I ask other Collectors for teams like Reading, who produce nothing, and others who just do online versions, like Bristol City, Swansea, Blackburn and Derby County, how it has affected their attitude to Programme Collecting? How has it affected you?

Thanks folks - All the best.
GaryF
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: