Football Programmes Centre

Tim Davidson Auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tim Davidson Auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:01 am 
Post subject: Tim Davidson Auctions

Has anybody any news of Tim Davidson auctions. there is an auction due next week and I have not received their catalogue. There is no information on the Saleroom , their web site no longer exists although it had not been updated for a couple of years , and they are not answering their phone or emails.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 10:50 am 
Post subject: tim davidson

Hi ,
you have a pm.
Stu250

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:57 am 
Post subject:

Hello,

I have literally just been wondering the same thing as could find no details online regarding next auction and the website disappearing etc.

Did you find out any information at all?

Best regards
Stuart
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:50 am 
Post subject:

Sorry no further information at present.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:11 am 
Post subject:

This is from the facebook page of Football Soccer Cards

We now know that around Eastertime the staff at TDA disappeared and the offices were locked up for good,
The rest we know: silence, no replies to phone calls, emails or letters. Website down. Since Easter, it's like the firm had never existed.
N.B. as to the causes of the collapse of TDA, I am told material being offered to the auction was in ever shorter supply and income was falling, sales were drying up. The end of 2024 was planned as the end of TDA by its own staff!
The TDA limited company, latterly sailed by its non-executive staff rather than its directors or shareholders, has fallen short of meeting that end, an end designed to be on its own terms, by 8 months.
No money in the bank.
No contact with directors.
No payments.
No more sales.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:24 pm 
Post subject: DAVIDSON.

A friend of mine has around 65 lots with Davidson. This nonsense started about 3 years ago. Any advice about what he should do to try and reclaim his possessioons would be welcome.
[email protected]
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

Apparently you need to write to Arthur Johnson Auctions who apparently were Tim davidson Auctioneers Landlords.

According to the Football Soccer Cards website they believe there is a good chance of retreiving the stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

Further update from the above website dated 22nd may

*** Do use all means of communication to make complaints to AJA. It's a good idea to write or call daily. You see, AJA has the rights to the TDA offices - and the keys! AJA may also know where TDA vendors' material is. They may be able to get it back for you.
So, get on to TDA's landlord today, ask Arthur Johnson Auctions to sort out the mess. Demand they find your cards and return them to you - it's a vendor's right to withdraw cards from auction before sales so in this case of no sales it's surely a god-given right too. Perhaps even suggest to AJA that they find your goods then sell the cards for you. Maybe, if AJA get something out of this situation, some income from commissions on cards sales, maybe they'll become more interested in helping, in finding those cards and pushing ahead with doing what TDA should have done: selling them for you.
I'll update you as and when I get more info.
And thanks for not blaming me for the actions taken, or not taken by TDA staff. I really had no input into their daily dealings. I was never paid by TDA. I visited them twice in 4 years. My contact with them was be EMail. My Emails have gone unanswered since March.
This is a sad day and the end of an era but Arthur Johnstone may have the key to this mess.
Emails for Arthur Johnson are:
[email protected]
and
[email protected]
Phone number for Arthur Johnson is:
0115 986 9128
Address to send your claims:
Arthur Johnson,
The Nottingham Auction Centre
Meadow Lane
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG2 3GY
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:40 pm 
Post subject:

And another from may 24th

IMPORTANT UPDATE on the failed high street auctioneer Tim Davidson Limited [TDA].
Midday 24 May 2024, I've just spoken with Arthur Johnson Auctions [AJA] and the latest news is sunny.
AJA, as landlord auctioneer to TDA, has confirmed it knows the whereabouts of a very large amount of TDA stock, which is safely locked away. This stock probably includes your 'lost' cards. AJA told me they think it's more or less everything that was in situ at Easter, before the sudden closure of TDA.
AJA will propose to the directors of TDA a secure transfer of vendors' material into AJA hands.
AJA will then sell the items on behalf of the original vendors.
So, most if not all 'lost' stock should soon surface to see the light of day once again.
If TDA does agree - and keeps to the agreement - to let the stock go to AJA then sales by AJA should happen later this year.
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Such a shame that TDA appears to have gone under. As one of my nearest Sporting memorabilia auction houses I've dealt with Tim and his staff on many occasions and never had any issue. Although to be fair the quality of sale items has been noticeably getting worse and worse and that is backed up by the statement about struggling to find items to sell.

I've also dealt with Arthur Johnson on a few occasions as well, can't fault them either, however they are more of a general auction house and I'm not sure if their knowledge of sporting memorabilia is as in depth as others in the marketplace. They very rarely have anymore than 3 or 4 football items in their weekly auctions. Both are located on Meadow Lane behind Notts County's ground
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

It's sad to read all this - Tim was always so helpful and fair and I know he missed his friend and colleague Julie very much - she passed in 2021. I had heard that Tim himself wasn't very well, maybe 6 months or so ago - is there any news on Tim?
Stu250

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:50 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info, a real shame that is has gone under. As stated above, the quality of lots had declined in recent times.

Had many dealings with Tim, he would drop lots won off if he was passing nearby or would meet me halfway when there was a van full to save on the posting.

As stated, I was told his health was not good last year but no further updates were forthcoming. I would tune in to the start of each auction to see if there were any updates but never heard anything.

Julie (RIP) was brilliant when she was there, and much missed I think.
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:31 pm 
Post subject:

Sent a message to Arthur Johnson auctions and this was their reply.

We have no control over Tim Davidson auctions and we will not be able to gain access to the building or take items out of there. I understand the frustration. You will need to contact them directly.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:54 am 
Post subject: Tim Davidson

Noted the last post from RIKERBCFC which sort of counteracts Sharrows
info in his post. Any advice on how my pal Rick should go about trying to get his many lots back from Davidson would be most welcome.
Many thanks.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

Yes doesn;t look too good.

This was posted yesterday on the facebook page of Football Soccer Cards.

LATEST : message from The Sale-Room about the vanished money & lost rarities consigned to high street auction Tim Davidson Ltd : police & legal action recommended!

A Sale-Room circular has gone out to many people, today.
I would say, first contact Arthur Johnson Auctions, and ask for Mr. Phil Poyser on Phone: +44 (0)115 986 9128
Email: [email protected]
2 weeks ago, to me Phil did say he was working hard to get many of the lots back, trying his best, though he could not say anything about money lost by buyers.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: