Football Programmes Centre

Shels v cork 1952 fai cup replay I think 1 nil to cork
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shels v cork 1952 fai cup replay I think 1 nil to cork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manchester United

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:38 pm 
Post subject: Shels v cork 1952 fai cup replay I think 1 nil to cork

I'm looking for Shels cup final 1952 I think against cork city. They lost 1 nil. My neighbour played in that game for Shels. Does anyone here have this and or willing to sell. I've a few 50's and 40's mainly Shels, bohs and Drumcondra I cud swap though I love my Shels and Drumcondra programmes. .
seand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:57 am 
Post subject:

I presume you're looking for the 1951 FAI Cup final replay programme, which Shelbourne lost 1-0 to Cork Athletic after a 1-1 draw. (The 1952 final saw Dundalk beat Cork Athletic after a replay.) Who is your neighbour, if you don't mind me asking?

I think the 1951 cup final and replay programmes sold as a pair for a reasonable price on ebay recently, but I don't have a record of it and it's not in my collection. If you've any spare Dundalk from that era let me know!

I've a few 40s/50s Shels programmes I can scan for you if you like, just let me know
cheers
Sean
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

Shelbourne were unchanged for the replay so your neighbour also played in the first match.

The replay is much harder to get than the first match. However old FAI Cup Finals have not been selling well so should go cheap enough the next time one appears.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: