Football Programmes Centre

Collect soccer
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Collect soccer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 3:04 pm 
Post subject:

GMac78 wrote:
Apologies for bumping a pretty old thread but I just wanted to share my recent experience with CollectSoccer.com. I purchased an item from them nearly two weeks ago now, my money was taken straight away but I didn’t receive any acknowledgement of my purchase and the order still just says ‘processing’. I’ve emailed their admin several times and the email address provided on their Facebook page (a Mr. Cleeve) all without reply. I also rang the phone numbers provided on their site (and their Facebook page) and they just rang out. I’m going to have to contact my bank and hopefully I can get a refund. My advice to anyone thinking of buying from them is to save yourself the hassle and AVOID.

Hope you get your money back.

I doubt many on here deal with them, completely overpriced to the point of comedy.
GMac78

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Hope you get your money back.

I doubt many on here deal with them, completely overpriced to the point of comedy.

Thanks, I didn’t spend that much, postage was the main cost. I actually consulted this forum before I purchased and it seemed, even if people payed silly money, they did at least receive the items they purchased.

This was the item I bought https://www.collectsoccer.com/1986-official-world-cup-sticker-collector-poster-mexico.html

It’s frustrating, I have all the stickers but now no poster.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 7:44 am 
Post subject:

To be fair this is just one guy running this and quite possible he's off on holiday at the moment

Stephen Cleeve is also chairman of King's Lynn Town FC so you could try asking them if he's around
GMac78

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 1:01 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
To be fair this is just one guy running this and quite possible he's off on holiday at the moment

Stephen Cleeve is also chairman of King's Lynn Town FC so you could try asking them if he's around

If that’s the case, it would be a very simple thing to leave a notice on his site saying that. If it turns out to be something like that and that he’s just a really poor communicator and that I do eventually receive the item I ordered, then I’ll update and or delete my posts here.
Maidonian

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:16 pm 
Post subject:

JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

Just checked Collect Soccer's site......
Did you get your Topcashback Laughing
GMac78

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Just checked Collect Soccer's site......
Did you get your Topcashback Laughing

Sorry, I don’t follow.
GMac78

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Just an update, I found another email for Mr. Cleeve and received a reply. He admitted he couldn’t find the item I ordered, that it was stored away in a box somewhere. He offered and I have now received a refund, which is fair enough, though I did have to keep pushing the matter. I don’t think Collectsoccer is a fraudulent site, just, as someone else already mentioned, a one man operation with the associated drawbacks that tends to entail.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

GMac78 wrote:
Just an update, I found another email for Mr. Cleeve and received a reply. He admitted he couldn’t find the item I ordered, that it was stored away in a box somewhere. He offered and I have now received a refund, which is fair enough, though I did have to keep pushing the matter. I don’t think Collectsoccer is a fraudulent site, just, as someone else already mentioned, a one man operation with the associated drawbacks that tends to entail.

I'm a one-man operation.

I run a website with about 9000 press photos on it. There are 403 clubs/teams they are filed under. There are 3574 different players' surnames listed. And 81 competitions and cups. I reckon if anyone ordered one photo from me, once I get the time I would find it and get it out ready within 5 minutes. Then I would ask for the money including postage (just about at cost). The difference is I don't take money till I find it so never have to worry about crediting if for some reason I can't find it (eg it's sold and I forgot to delete it). And I've done this since 2006 without a break - no idea how Collect Soccer compares.

An example from my last site update (May 2023)

Italy v England Subbuteo match, 1976. Yes, Subbuteo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

Any new Doog items Pete .
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: