Football Programmes Centre

2021/22 Matchbadges thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2021/22 Matchbadges thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

I don't mind the 'from Brum' ones at all as they fill a gap in the market, what I do object to is that all the QPR ones I've seen him do, and the majority of ones from the Championship, has the home kit of both teams regardless of which team is actually playing away.

At least your one is correct as to what colours the sides were both wearing.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

Leeds v Palace

Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

oops double post
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

The Palace player has obviously been fishing.

"Yeah, got away it did, the blighter, but I swear it was that big"

Either that, or he's boasting about something else altogether.

Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

I like to think of it as Palace player Wilf Zaha pleading for a foul to be given! (he does that an awful lot!)

Went to Leeds last night, must be half a dozen stalls outside the ground, but most selling just scarves. One was like a mobile hot dog van trailer, but full of old Leeds programmes!

To my surprise, this insert badge was on sale at a stall on Elland Road itself, right opposite the club shop. Only £2, well worth snapping up just for the original Leeds logo used!

On the weekend my poor 10 year old car treks up the motorways of England once again as we are away at Man Utd. Hopefully a few different items on offer, we shall see.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 am 
Post subject:

Went to Man United yesterday, only managed to pick up a very bog standard set of four match badges (which were on sale on almost every stall)

I'll post up a picture later

I am sure the one with the stadium and two crests will appear on ebay in due course, but I missed the seller of that one wherever he lurks!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am 
Post subject:

Meantime, this random badge appeared on ebay recently, suspect it's more of a 'Liverpool away' matchbadge than a United one

Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:58 am 
Post subject:

Here they are, sincere apologies for the awful picture, haven't got the hang of my camera yet

but regardless of the blurring and reflections I think you get the idea that they are the usual fayre for Man Utd stalls
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 am 
Post subject:

I have a lot of badges to update this thread with, but for now I will start with the one I got yesterday at Villa, insert badge sold at several stalls outside the ground

nothing amazing and pretty much the same template as when fans were last allowed at Villa 5 years ago, but better than nothing I guess.

'Premier Season' indeed.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 am 
Post subject:

You may see more and more of these style of badges as badges are becoming quite expensive and harder to source.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have found on your travels.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Gresty

First up these are 'Wolves away' badges.

Nice 3D relief on the silver footballs in the centre of each badge

Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:12 pm 
Post subject:

As you said Gresty, a huge amount of difficulties this season for sellers to get hold of badges produced for them (usually in China)

Many have as you said, resorted to 'insert badges' as these can be made here in the UK quickly

When I went to Leicester, I was pleased to see a nice enamel badge for the game...

which was sold at the one scarf and badge stall at the ground (near the away corner)

The seller confirmed just this, he managed to get Prem match badges made for the season a long way in advance. But Leicester's european matches were a real challenge - with only 2-3 weeks notice of the fixtures, getting enamel badges made and delivered in time was impossible. So he had inserts made, but so many collectors turn their noses up at them.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

Excuse my garden furniture in the photo, I'm not the greatest at doing close up pics without them being blurry or out of focus

This is a case in point - a Wolves match badge sold outside the ground.

The seller just went for what they could get easily. As I got it at the game it's okay for me, but I know many don't like them.

To balance this up, another stall outside Wolves ground (by the subway) had no current match badges for this season, but was trying to shift enamel ones from LAST season which he'd had made, but the pandemic meant those games were played behind closed doors, leaving him with piles of the badges
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

If you go back to earlier pages in this thread, you'll see I mentioned that Newcastle had started the season giving out badges dated LAST season. This was partly to use up last season's badges, but also because of the delays getting this seasons badges across from China

Anyway, Palace played there in April and pleased to say, for our game, they had successfully got the 21/22 season badges!

better late than never!
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

Last pics for now.
Wolves home badges

Really nice these.

So the season is nearly done and dusted.
Palace did reach an FA Cup semi final this season, and I have ordered a set of lovely enamel match badges for the big game at Wembley, however as is the theme they are still yet to come (totally understandable, but will be worth the wait)

For previous rounds, I just got the 'Made in Brum' insert badges off ebay, which are a good filler for the collection.

Our last trip of the season is Everton away on Thursday night. I'm expecting just the one badge, as per that shown on the first page (no 4 colourways this season).

One thought - about this time of the season I usually hear from Stanislav over in Ukraine, who offers to make me a set of match badges for every Palace game of the season. And I always get them, they are good. I don't think it is likely I'll hear from Stanislav this year, but he's in my thoughts and I really hope he is alright and staying safe.

And for next season, well personally for me, I've been following my local non league team for quite a few years, and they have been climbing the non league pyramid. At the weekend they play in the National League South play off final, for a place in the National League itself. If they go up, I will be sorely tempted to go to a lot more of their games, and maybe at the expense of some Palace fixtures. I've been an every game home and away Palace fan for over 30 years, but I don't know how long little Dorking Wanderers run will last so if they do get there, I will possibly spend more time travelling the non league grounds than Premier League next season, and that might have a bit of an impact on getting the rarer badge issues from Palace aways. We shall see....
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm 
Post subject:

Great post Dorking, I too have thought about our friend Stanislav and dearly hope that he's safe & well. Really nice guy who always did right by us, pal.

The Wolves badges are terrific (they always are!), although they'd be a nightmare for me because my fussy old scanner loathes anything reflective.

Dorking

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

It was hard getting photos of them too! Badges are by their nature small and detailed so had to set the camera to the close-up mode, but then not have massive reflections from the bright sunlight! Just wanted the pics to be understandable, I don't aim for perfection!

Stanislav could so easily have been some sort of scam artist but he always did me more than right, even after he asked his payments to go via some right funny money transfer that was more dodgy than Western Union!

And with each delivery he'd have me made a unique badge as well, I got a Palace one with my name on it for example!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:23 pm 
Post subject:

Yep, he's a great guy, Dorking, and has got me some unique, one-of-a-kind match badges over the years that I've specifically requested, such as this one ... a win at Brighton in the League Cup on our return to the Football League. It was a great night & nothing was produced ... until Stanislav came up trumps for me ...

There's been nothing produced by the clubs this season in League 2, sadly, although that might hopefully change a tad next year with Wimbledon coming down (do they still do match badges?). Which begs the question; are match badges generally on the downward curve now, or is this just a symptom of the pandemic & the state of the world right now? All I have for Newport County this season are the cup badges we officially produced for our ties with Ipswich & Southampton in the League Cup. My lowest gathering since 2013.

Thankfully, I've become obsessed with collecting "Supporters' Club" & general badges for all British clubs in the past couple of years, which has kept my attention on these marvellous little pieces of metal thriving.

Thumbs Up

Dorking

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:00 pm 
Post subject:

As far as I know Terry still does the AFC Wimbledon match badges.

I buy 'Made in Brum' inserts for all Palace's cup games.

Those clubs that produced for the Premier League are still largely continuing,

when global supply issues are fixed I'm sure Man City will go back to enamel badges, the fact they are doing button badges for this season shows a willingness to adapt whilst there is a problem (the same with Wolves and West Brom with their switch to inserts), similarly Everton and Liverpool will probably return to the multi colourway 'sets' of 4 per game (not a massive biggie if they don't)

Man Utd still have the same number of merch stalls around Old Trafford and every stall has a badge board. Matchday badges are the biggest seller on those boards, and they have the effect of getting people to peruse what else is on the board each week.

Major casualty has been the magnetic Arsenal corporate badges. Leicester and Everton briefly dabbled in corporate badges a few years ago, but Arsenal had done them for many, many years, so I'm sure they will return.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:54 pm 
Post subject:

Terry still does his badges and was producing for Wimbledon & Wycombe but was behind in his orders and haven't received my Wycombe for this year.
Accrington are still producing, still just the one design. Not sure about Mansfield in league 2.

Prices had gone up pre pandemic, exchange rates are poor, prices are continuing to rise. I've had difficulties with deliveries from China with the invasion of the Ukraine, with one going via the US and the other hopping between countries before arriving at my front door.

Unless someone wants to front costs at the start of the season or do it in two parts, timelines are making it that little more challenging, the matchday badge might be on a slow decline and may disappear as you need to sell on the day or you lose the majority of those sales..
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: