Football Programmes Centre

Ebid.....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebid.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giorgio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:44 am 
Post subject: Ebid.....

This has probably come up before (I might have even posted myself about it) - has anyone heard of Ebid or use it? Every now and again, I check the site to see if it's still operating and it's always there.
Although traffic appears to be slow it does appear in lists of top auction sites. I have just had another look and note a few things. I can't find an option for searching for sold items so you can't check on how the site is doing. There does not appear to be a Customer Support phone number. I suppose that would change with an increase in traffic.
The thing is, a few years back, you could take out a Lifetime Membership for £50 and never pay another Listing or Final Value Fee ever again. That option is still available although it now costs £140 but you can get it for £70 if you haven't registered already.
No fees ever again for £70? It might be a gamble worth taking. I note that it is a UK company.
On the other hand, if we stick with the other lot, they may eventually reduce their fees!!
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:09 am 
Post subject:

I have one of those lifetime memberships...it also allows you to pull down ebay listings into their site so I used to drag my unsold items into keep them alive.

Safe to say I have had zero bids in all the time they were there....so have ceased activity....could be the items were not interesting but several have since sold through ebay so I think it just don't generate the traffic.

Others may have a better experience though...
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 am 
Post subject:

I have dipped in a few times over the years and bought a couple of items but like ebay it does suffer from mountains and mountains of routine items going round and round for years. I dont think the number of items sold in football memorabilia is very high as i suspect people just dip in and out and i dont get the sense that many items get more than 1 bidder.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:25 am 
Post subject: ebid

I've looked at Ebid a few times but it just seems full of mediocre programmes at inflated prices. I collect mainly pre-war and wartime. I can't remember ever seeing one on there. Ebay has its faults but it's still by far the best online selling platform in my opinion
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:38 am 
Post subject:

It's a vicous circle, it's not going to get bidders because it doesn't have the quailty items, it doesn't have the quailty items because it doesn't have any bidders.

You wouldn't want to risk selling a decent item for less than what you would get on ebay so people just won't use it. Why all the common dross ? Because it's stuff that won't sell on either ebid or ebay Smile

It would take someone like Amazon or Facebook to release the strangle hold on football programme auctions now.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

I tried it a few years ago. Listed about ten Rovers programmes and got no bids at all. Then listed the same on eBay and all of them sold. Haven't bothered to even look at it since.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: