Football Programmes Centre

Programme Restoration ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme Restoration ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafehod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 am 
Post subject: Programme Restoration ?

Hi

Could anyone advise how much this costs? I have a Manchester Utd V Benfica 1951 Festival of Britain programme with a split spine to the cover and want to know if its worth it. Fully repaired It could be worth £100 but as it is probably £25-£30.

Thanks
Martin
nozer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:14 am 
Post subject: Re: Programme Restoration ?

Rafehod wrote:
Hi

Could anyone advise how much this costs? I have a Manchester Utd V Benfica 1951 Festival of Britain programme with a split spine to the cover and want to know if its worth it. Fully repaired It could be worth £100 but as it is probably £25-£30.

Thanks
Martin

Dont delay ,get in touch with Eamonn Fitzmaurice ,has restored several progs from my collection [email protected], top guy ,you will not be dissapointed (may be a lot cheaper than you think).
Phil.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Nozer

Just tried and he is unavailable today but have emailed them. Could you give me an idea of cost on some you have had done. PM me if you dont want everyone to see, Im very interested as I have others which could do with a spruce up also.

Thumbs Up
nozer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm 
Post subject: Prog pres.

Once again Eamonn has come up trumps for me ,great work on a Blackburn 1959/60 prog ,in very poor condition when i sent it of for repair but returned in"mint" condition, i know there are a few collectors on site whose progs have to be in near "mint" con has pos so dont essetate to send of to this guy realy dose a first class job of work.Phil.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 am 
Post subject: Programme Preservation / Restoration

see this topic , where I posted the last post on Friday 5th August ...........

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2274
progpres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:26 pm 
Post subject: Covid19

Just to let all my customers know that I am still trading despite the current Covid 19 restrictions.
Many thanks for your continued custom.
Eamonn Fitzmaurice
Programme Preservation
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 pm 
Post subject: programme restoration

Try Andrew at Sportingold. He's a lot cheaper and does a very good job!
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

Rude.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

Can't fault Eamonn at Programme Preservation - he has done a fair bit of stuff for me in the past and always to an exceptional standard. This last few days he has done a superb job on a 1955 Welsh Cup Final programme for me. Highly recommended with no reservations over price, service or quality of work.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Rude.

Sums up TheSorter

Thought he had been banned for foul and abusive language.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 am 
Post subject:

I am afraid these two posts about Andrew Miller are quite uncalled for and also quite untrue. He is not rude and is very professional as is Eamonn and as has been pointed out, they operate at different price levels. He has been absolutely magnificent in helping to keep the Sportingold auction business alive since the tragic death of Chris Williams in December. I also wonder if there is anyone on this forum who at some stage in their life has not resorted to foul and abusive language. Andrew is in the lower quartile when it comes to this type of language. Andrew has been informed of these accusations as he is not on this forum to defend himself and is not amused. It might be less cowardly if accusations were relayed to him directly.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 am 
Post subject:

What accusations have been levelled against Andrew Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:31 am 
Post subject:

A split on the spine is easily repaired yourself, speak to John Holroyd the Auchinleckian
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:32 am 
Post subject:

That he is rude and that he has been banned for use of foul and abusive language.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:34 am 
Post subject: programme restoration

I have dealt with Andrew plenty of times in the last few years and he is always a pleasure to deal with and always does a professional restoration job. I have also had dealings with Fitzmaurice. I can't say what I want to say about him and it's nothing to do with the quality of his work. By the way RoddyN thanks for your support! Smile
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:59 am 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
That he is rude and that he has been banned for use of foul and abusive language.

I would suggest that you read the thread properly before making any assumptions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm 
Post subject:

If I have erred on the subject of accusation against Andrew I apologise. It certainly appeared that "Rude" immediately after the posting referring to him meant that there was an accusation against him. If they were aimed at someone else, I will not comment as I do not know the individual concerned. Sometimes postings can be quite ambiguous. My comments supporting Andrew still stand.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 pm 
Post subject:

'Rude' was levelled at Thesorter comment, because it came across as unnecessary.

A simple 'I can also recommend Andrew at Sportingold, who does an excellent job' would have sufficed.

Again, the comment relating to 'banned for use of foul and abusive language' has nothing to do with Andrew.
square1back2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:22 pm 
Post subject:

I am lucky enough to be able to call Andrew Miller a friend and I agree wholeheartedly with RoddyN in respect of Andrew's efforts with others in keeping Sportingold going at the moment. I can also confirm that his programme restoration work is of a very high standard and I have several examples of his work in my programme collection. However, when I first read this thread earlier today I did not think that any of the comments were aimed at him. If anyone would like to utilise Andrew's services please PM me and I can let you have his contact details. I would also add that I have never had any dealings with Progres but from what I have read on this forum in the past that their work must also be of a very high standard.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: Programme Restoration ?

Rafehod wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Martin

The item in question is Manchester United v Red Star Belgrade FOB 1951, not Benfica.

Original Programme & Match Ticket for Manchester United v Red Star Belgrade 1950-1951 by Leslie Millman, on Flickr just putting matters right Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: