Football Programmes Centre

COLLECTING WOMANS FOOTBALL PROGRAMES.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
COLLECTING WOMANS FOOTBALL PROGRAMES.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelseapeter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm 
Post subject: COLLECTING WOMANS FOOTBALL PROGRAMES.

HI ALL.NOW MANCHESTER UTD WOMAN'S TEAM KICK OFF TODAY AGAINST LIVERPOOL.DO YOU COLLECT YOUR TEAMS PROGRAMES OR EVER WATCH A WOMAN'S MATCH.PERSONALLY MY TEAM CHELSEA.I HAVE NO INTRESTED AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM PLAY EVEN THOUGH THERE ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS.
DO YOU COLLECT THE PROGRAMES.HAVE YOU BEEN TO A MATCH.WHAT THE STANDARD LIKE.YOUR VIEWS
WELCOME.
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

No interest what so ever.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

I wouldn't watch womens football if it was free and at the end of my road. Sorry if that offends, but really not interested.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:52 pm 
Post subject: Women’s football

Hi
I think we all know the answer to the question, the standard of football has improved beyond belief in the past few years. I have taken my daughter to a couple of Chelsea games and the ball is kept on the deck and there is a great deal of skill.
Have also visited the training ground to watch the Chelsea u13s and the competition is stiff to say the least. A contacts daughter who has always held her own in the boys game was recently released from her contract and has been signed by Arsenal.
Now that united have woken up and have joined the standard will increase once more.
As for collecting the programmes I just stick to Dick Kerr ladies and pre 70s programmes but do have one if the unofficial women’s World Cup items from Mexico, quite a rare item!
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:58 pm 
Post subject: Football

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:20 pm 
Post subject:

None whatsoever

However, back in 1920 Lambeth...…

It's my other half's great aunt facing camera moving towards the ball.

Plus I have this one on my website now, The Bluebells, who were about as good as the lot playing Brighton this afternoon Wave

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:25 pm 
Post subject: Collecting Women’s Football

Good points made by Holtie. If any England women’s games are on TV will always try and take a look. In a strange way, the style of football played reminds me of the 1960s. Obviously without the hatchet men given them a kicking! Chelsea’s Fran Kirby is a delight to watch. A very skilful player. I remember watching Holland’s Shanice van de Sanden in one of the Euro tournaments. I recall thinking that she looked well capable of playing against the blokes , although we all know it will never happen! One of my grandkids plays in a under 11 team. One of the most skilful and bravest players in their team was a young girl. She is now with Everton ladies set up.l remember talking to her dad and telling him that that the way she just gets up and brushes herself down after receiving a hard challenge , reminded me of Georgie Best . He seemed pretty chuffed at that comparison.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 pm 
Post subject: Wo

So while I have the chance to ask, if anyone has any pre 1970 women's football memorabilia, please pm me Thumbs Up
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Have to admit, I do have a decent collection of Women's programme, however, that is by default. For the last 20+ years I have been editing and producing the programme for Wolves Women who currently play in the 4th tier of the Women's game. I have images of the covers on my website - click the link below and go to the programme gallery starting at 91-92 when the National League was introduced.

Also have a fair amount of England internationals, probably around 50% of those issued since the reintroduction of the England Women's team in 1973.

I have to say watching Wolves Women is a pleasant change to the men's game. You get to hear all the banter and effing and gaffing on the pitch and get to chat to some of the players in the bar after the match - true amateur football.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:49 am 
Post subject: COLLECTING WOMANS FOOTBALL PROGRAMES.

I only have a couple of women's Cup Final programmes in my Spurs collection from when we competed those finals.
I have to admit that my interest in collecting others beyond that is zero.

Away from collecting, my son is the manager of Stevenage Borough Womens team and they have now won their local cup three times in four years and play at a decent standard. He gave up his semi pro career as a goalkeeper to focus on the role and doesn't regret it.
mark01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

Top two divisions have gone full time from this season.

So fully professional from now on - I have been a regular supporter of women's football over the years, mainly watching my daughter play at a decent level. The FA have invested a lot in the women's game recently trying to align it to the men's game. The women's game will never match that of the men, in speed and physicality, but what they do have is technical ability and the willingness to learn.

Will it be successful - maybe in the short term. In my opinion there has been too many changes too soon - it could all end in tears. Good luck to them anyway.
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:26 pm 
Post subject:

Totally agree with Holtie's analysis.
I try and watch the England internationals when they are shown and have a reasonable collection of programmes which include Millwall Lionesses listed (some gaps are still available for filling!).

I also collect Millwall Lionesses programmes when they appear - again plenty of gaps to be filled.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

Don't mind watching it on the TV, but not live. But if they exchanged shirts afterwards on the pitch I may be persuaded.
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
Don't mind watching it on the TV, but not live. But if they exchanged shirts afterwards on the pitch I may be persuaded.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am 
Post subject:

mark01 wrote:
Top two divisions have gone full time from this season.

Who finances that? As we all know English football is awash with cash but this seems insane, particularly as clubs struggle or go bust in the lower levels.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 am 
Post subject:

I've watched Leeds v Chorley, and Sheffield v Spurs in the last couple of seasons.

15 goals and six sending offs. What's not to love.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
garyspain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 am 
Post subject:

I also watch the women's game. Indeed my first ever Republic of Ireland game was a 3-3 draw v Wales women in May 1974. My Dad was linesman and 2 of the Welsh team stayed in our house. I was seven at the time and the eldest of five children so hardly the best preparation for the game. The Welsh squad were all hosted by volunteer families in Limerick. I didn't see our men's team live for another year.

I do still go and watch our women's national team and watch my club Limerick FC who are now competing this year in our national league.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:27 pm 
Post subject:

My late uncle, David Marlowe, was Chairman of the WFA between 1972 and 1977 !
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: