Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNSOBU

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

Is it worth speaking to the Saleroom?

I am sure they might have some relevant info about if an item sold or was passed - certainly for those items sold via them on-line.

However, just because they were 'sold' they might not have been paid for - but this would mean that items should be/have been returned.

The Saleroom might not be in the position to release details but wouldn't the liquidator be in a position to request relevant info so they can do their job 'professionally'?

I am actually surprised the liquidator hasn't been a bit more active in delving into all avenues - such as the Saleroom - given the number of calls they must have fielded.

Is there any regulatory body for liquidators?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

Did you contra the ones you bought against the ones you were sold?

When I had a (relatively small) amount of money still outstanding I bid on a number of items from his next auction, and contrad them against my owed money. Went round to his house and squared up the difference and went away with my newly purchased items.

I'd realised I probably wouldn't see the £80 odd that he still owed me quite a while back so decided to make sure I got something in kind instead.
daiward

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Did you contra the ones you bought against the ones you were sold?

When I had a (relatively small) amount of money still outstanding I bid on a number of items from his next auction, and contrad them against my owed money. Went round to his house and squared up the difference and went away with my newly purchased items.

I'd realised I probably wouldn't see the £80 odd that he still owed me quite a while back so decided to make sure I got something in kind instead.

Hi Auchinleckian

Firstly I am not used to dealing with an auction that has such a reputation that I have now discovered.

No there was no credit involved as I believed at the time AL was legit. I certainly would not have entertained what you are suggesting as I am used to better quality dealerships & Auction Houses. I made a huge mistake trusting Andrew Lane & he better take that in.
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:29 pm 
Post subject: FSA

[quote]Is there any regulatory body for liquidators?[quote]

Absolute Recovery are registered with ICAEW so you would have to complain to them

http://www.icaew.com/en/about-.....ts-process
beebop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 am 
Post subject:

Is Simon Corely out there or does anybody know him?
Mr Corely (of Cambridge) is named on the list of creditors. FSA Ltd are shown as owing him £41,553. That's almost a quarter of the entire debt owed by this company.

Was Mr Corely at the Creditors Meeting?

I'd like to know if Mr Corely is a vendor/client or is the debt for supply of goods or services? I don't want to appear to be prying into someone else's private business but rather, if this debt was incurred in relation to supply of goods to the Company.

Last edited by beebop on Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
beebop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 am 
Post subject:

Did anyone out there buy Lot 316 at the March 2016 auction?

Described in the catalogue as;
Sunderland football programmes; a very comprehensive home and away collection of programmes 1970 - 1980 Hundreds of issues contained in red binders.
Price achieved was £70.
We'd like to know if the 1973 Cup run of programmes was present as it should have been in this lot. Considering that the Notts County programme should have achieved that price on it's own we're now wondering if the collection was cherry picked before auction.

The fact that there are many issues missing from runs returned to me as unsold prompts me to ask the above question.

Last edited by beebop on Fri May 27, 2016 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:19 am 
Post subject: Hi

Find that buyer. The cup run is worth 200 alone
beebop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:33 am 
Post subject:

That's what we thought Wullie which is why we were surprised by the auction guide given at £100 - £140. When we were still under the impression that Lane was a trustworthy person we'd just assumed the guide was just a "come on".
DannyRoberts

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am 
Post subject:

beebop wrote:
Mr Corely (of Cambridge) is named on the list of creditors. FSA Ltd are shown as owing him £41,553. That's almost a quarter of the entire debt owed by this company.

I'd like to know if Mr Corely is a vendor/client or is the debt for supply of goods or services? I don't want to appear to be prying into someone else's private business but rather, if this debt was incurred in relation to supply of goods to the Company.

I would imagine Simon's debt is as a vendor.

He is/was a a Tottenham Hotspur collector who had to sell a large part of his collection and unfortunately used FSA.
beebop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for your reply Danny. He must be absolutely reeling from a financial loss like that.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:49 am 
Post subject:

beebop wrote:
Thanks for your reply Danny. He must be absolutely reeling from a financial loss like that.

Pm sent
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 am 
Post subject:

This just gets worse and worse. Hope something good might eventually come out of it but it's looking highly unlikely.
daiward

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 pm 
Post subject:

I have so far only lost a few items from my collection nothing compared to others. Forty odd thousand is a tragedy. I can sympathise with all the others who have lost out but that one is in a league of its own.

My wife has said it wasn't like me to be caught out after so many years in the hobby. I felt some initial shame over that but not her fault. She was just stating a fact. But what angers me most is that I don't think AL has done this all on his own. Only he & those others know the extent of dealings.

The fear factor though can work miracles at times so let us hope with our increased pressure by continual questioning it opens up Pandora's Box.

To Mr Simon Corely I wish you especially a happy ending.
beebop

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 am 
Post subject:

[quote="Borran"]
Beebop - How do you know for sure what of your items were actually sold and at what prices? Did you attend auction or just listen to online service of the-saleroom.com? Without Sales Records how can we be sure what Lane has done with all our items we foolishly entrusted to him?[/quote]

Borran
I've sent you a PM which is still in my outbox - go to the top of this page to open it. Have also sent you an email to the address given on your PM
daiward

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

There is yet another soul who has no idea of what is going on (FSA ceased to trade?). We really need a better coordination with links over this affair. However unlikely there might be just one person out there who can lift the lid on what our man was up to in all of his dealings.

I have already mentioned the fear factor which can usually find a weak spot in at least someone who finally breaks down & confesses much to the dismay of his counterparts. But that would need a proper investigation on police lines. In the old days it would have been a matter of fact but I have to acknowledge things ain't what they used to be.

But having said that I am still committed to find the truth over Andy lane's dealings. As I was back then I will not go away.
Borran

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="DannyRoberts"]
beebop wrote:

You can be assured that Simon Corely is a genuine creditor of FSA. He put a v large collection into the August 2014 (repeat 2014) Auction. It raised £90+K but Lane still owes £41,000 (inspite of legal & court action over the last two years)

Mr Corely was unfortunately not able to attend the meeting.

Claims made by AL at that meeting & in written statements about Mr Corely's debt (Reason for Company failure) are apparently, to put it diplomatically, incorrect.

Growing evidence is indicating that AL has for several years been "robbing Peter to pay Paul" (and pay Andrew!!)

I again urge all creditors to continue to put pressure on the Liquidator & other organisations investigating AL's activities over the past several years. The creditors committee could be asked to raise "matters for investigation".
daiward

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

I did detect an air of doubt in previous conversations & am pleased I at least got it right. Again Mr Corely I hope it works out for the best for you & it will not be for the lack of trying.

I doubt Mr Lane has yet discovered the stale air of confinement. For some it can break them apart. No fishing trips there.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:22 pm 
Post subject:

I really did not want to comment anymore. But if Mr Simon Corely is owed £41,000 in the back end of 2014 then can someone with knowledge of these things please explain where this debt is in the December 2014 company accounts. Thank You.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07464963/filing-history
KJD

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I really did not want to comment anymore. But if Mr Simon Corely is owed £41,000 in the back end of 2014 then can someone with knowledge of these things please explain where this debt is in the December 2014 company accounts. Thank You.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07464963/filing-history

Possibilities include something netted off within the creditor balance, the company (at that time) disputing part of the debt, the complete absence of effective regulation of filings with Companies House etc. For compliance and regulation purposes abbreviated accounts are of waste of time; you need to see the full version with a detailed profit and loss and any accompanying notes.
beebop

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
I did detect an air of doubt in previous conversations & am pleased I at least got it right. .

daiward, As the person who first mentioned Mr Corley by name I'd like to make it clear that at no time did I imply that I doubted that Mr Corley is a genuine creditor of the Company. I had thought I'd made the point in my post but in case of misinterpretation.....
The list of creditors we have received doesn't just list vendors. It includes, amongst others the hotel in which auctions are held and HMR&C as well as Mr Corleyand all other vendors owed money.
Had Mr Corley sold to the Company, for example a luxury vehicle or a motorhome then his name would appear no differently to that of any other creditor. Given the outstanding size of the debt to this one creditor I was simply trying to ascertain if something had been purchased which would be a fixed asset or even if Mr Lane had put a private purchase through the Company account.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: