Football Programmes Centre

Graham Budd - 28 Sept 2023 (inc significant Man Utd items)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graham Budd - 28 Sept 2023 (inc significant Man Utd items)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:12 pm 
Post subject: Graham Budd - 28 Sept 2023 (inc significant Man Utd items)

"One of the most important collections to appear at auction in a generation"

One of the most important collections of Manchester United memorabilia to appear at auction in a generation will be offered by Graham Budd Auctions on 28 September 2023. Assembled over the last 25 years by Paul Atkinson, a lifelong fan of the “Red Devils”, the collection includes over 300 lots of medals, caps, rare programmes, and other associated memorabilia from the past 100 years of the club’s history.

The collection includes the 1968 European Cup-winners medal awarded to Bill Foulkes, the legendary defender who played almost 700 games for the club and who – alongside Bobby Charlton - was one of only two survivors of the Munich air disaster in the team that went on to conquer Europe a decade later. One of only 12 issued, and one of the last in private hands, it is expected to realise £40,000 to £60,000.

The collection is part of a larger auction of over 650 lots of memorabilia entirely dedicated to Manchester United which also includes rare and sought-after relics from the last 120 years of the club’s history, including shirts worn by club legends including George Best, Bobby Charlton, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Ronaldo and many others, together with highly collectible medals, programmes and related objects.

https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8674/srgrah10057
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:24 am 
Post subject:

Two headed sword being a Man U collector. One the one hand there seems plenty of material that keeps coming up for sale. Against that are the very high prices. Overall I think I prefer being a collector of Leyton FC. If something comes along I can probably afford it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: