Football Programmes Centre

Extensive 1940's collection for sale
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Extensive 1940's collection for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZABAGGIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:21 pm 
Post subject:

You have got more chance of Wolves avoiding relegation.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:46 pm 
Post subject:

I asked for the sellers contact details, ie name, adrress , phone number, he did not reply. I asked for photos, he did not reply. So who in their right mind would send this guy any money?
This guy could be genuine, and some members here might bag a bargain, but i fear it is only a matter of time before a big sting takes place on the forum. Like the bloke says, collectors are falling over themselves to send money. The careful ones, like myself and a few others, who try on find out details are told we are rude and small minded.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Any chance of photos? Thanks

I think this is a more than reasonable request, to allay any doubts people have that these programmes exist. Refusal to provide photos makes you think that they are a figment of sellers imagination. If I had the programmes the seller is alleging, I'd be tripping over myself to get them upload, and wait for the stampede of offers.
tigger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

I am Rosie, Tigger’s wife, and have been helping to respond to messages as I have more time. We have cover images of most of the programmes and have been sending these out to interested people over the past few days via our private work email. The images were scanned by my father and are embedded in a word document. However I can’t seem to upload a Word document onto this site. If anyone can help with this, I can upload the whole file if the site will accept the size (it is 85 MB).

Not wanting to be personal but I PM Wullie via this forum 2-3 days ago about the images and sent 3 emails tonight however my emails to Wullie are stuck in my outbox. Not sure why but it is not because we are ignoring his/her request.

If anyone does want a selection of images, please email Tigger via this forum and we will send the images on via our work email.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Rosie, pm's stay in your outbox until they are opened by the recipient, so it appears that he hasnt opened/read his pm's.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:

only got them today. This bloke looks genuine so good luck to you all. He could have helped himself by being more upfront at the start, but it makes you wonder about people who are prepared to send money without checking. That is their gamble, but will no doubt blame the forum if they get their fingers burnt.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

I can unequivocally tell you all that the vendors are 100% genuine. I just went round this morning and bought some programmes. The wife's father was a one per club seller who unfortunately has developed Alzheimer's and as a result the wife has decided to sell the collection as nether she nor her husband has any interest in collecting.They are a charming couple who should be treated with respect and without suspicion.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

Glad to hear it Roddy. I'm sure they could have got a better price at auction, but maybe they just wanted a quick sale.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:52 pm 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
I can unequivocally tell you all that the vendors are 100% genuine. I just went round this morning and bought some programmes. The wife's father was a one per club seller who unfortunately has developed Alzheimer's and as a result the wife has decided to sell the collection as nether she nor her husband has any interest in collecting.They are a charming couple who should be treated with respect and without suspicion.

Just like in life it is ded easy when you know how.
These people asked us to write in for info 2-3-4 times and most of us never even had the courtesy of ANY reply whatsoever-me included on two occassions.
Now after they eventually speak explaining matters at best they are inept and at worst ignorant-despite them being nice people.

Moral is they managed to find this forum no problem and yet then never carried out their promises so if others have become irate it is not for any other reason than a frustration of being messed about on a continual basis, so maybe when you pop round there again just ask them why they peed off so many genuine collectors who only wanted to buy the goods about 12-18 months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Stephen Ion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 am 
Post subject:

Please can you send a list to me at [email protected]
Grumpyblue09

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject:

Please email me your list to [email protected]
norwich collector

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

please email me the list to [email protected]
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: