Football Programmes Centre

League Two (who's producing)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
League Two (who's producing)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> League Two. (Who is producing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
das

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

Accy Stanley were saying yesterday that they are no longer doing programmes as they were losing money on them
Phil_MCFC_1946-1970

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:25 pm 
Post subject: League Two (who's producing)

Jo1979

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like Notts County have given it serious consideration but will be continuing, for League games.
Strange doing one for the Forest pre season friendly but not the Stoke pre season friendly. Surely a double issue would sell a few extra copies.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/mag-update-070723/
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:08 pm 
Post subject:

Palace do a survey every close season asking in depth about what bits of the programme people like, how often they buy a programme, would they mind if it goes up to £4 etc

In recent years Palace either haven't bothered or have been 'digital only' for home Pre-season friendlies.

I can see the time coming when it might be digital only for our smallest league cup home games though.

It does make me a little sad that some EFL clubs don't do programmes any more. When I went to a game at Stevenage there was quite a group hovering around the club shop (rather than go into the ground when they got to the stadium) waiting for the chance to get a teamsheet instead, you can bet they all would have bought a programme were one sold.
Brem75

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

I dont know for sure but id be very surprised if my Stockport County didnt produce. We have produced a top quality issue for years now.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

Crawley Town are throwing in the towel and doesn't sound like even a digital issue will be produced Confused

Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that it has reached the difficult decision to discontinue the matchday programme for the 2023/24 season.

Unfortunately, due to increasing costs and a significant drop in demand, the matchday programme is no longer financially viable.

The Reds are among a number of EFL clubs who have decided to move on from their matchday programme, with printing costs continuously on the rise.

The club would like to extend its thanks to the programme's regular contributors, designers and sellers, whose hard work did not go unnoticed.

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2023/july/reds-to-discontinue-matchday-programme/
ndg1860

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:02 pm 
Post subject:

AFC Wimbledon did a programme for yesterday's friendly with QPR. My guess is that they will be producing this season. BTW, nice ground they have there.
das

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:15 am 
Post subject:

Accy Stanley seem to have relented to an extent and produced a digital programme for the game yesterday
stfc831968

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:30 am 
Post subject:

Swindon are doing a hard copy and digital programme again this season.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

stfc831968 wrote:
Swindon are doing a hard copy and digital programme again this season.

Is there a link to buy online that seems to be missing from the club article.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/pick-up-your-town-programme-vs-crewe/
stfc831968

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately not. They do appear the odd time in the on-line shop after the match, but they aren't very proactive in doing so.
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

Sutton United have stopped doing print for the moment with last Saturdays match v morecambe being an online issue -

https://www.suttonunited.net/news/2023/october/match-programme-v-morecambe/

This is a bit disappointing as the Sutton programme actually has excellent content and clearly a lot of effort has gone into it but possibly sales not helped by a £4 price tag

I make it 19 clubs now in the EFL who no longer print programmes
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:59 am 
Post subject:

MKdons are producing a programme available from the club.
flashhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 am 
Post subject: Morecambe

Attended Morecambe v Tranmere last night and they issued the first copy of their new monthly magazine. Looks and feels like a programme, a lot of content to read, but covers all their games for the next four weeks, £4 on the day but the cover does state it is an introductory price, read into that what you will. Worth the purchase though.

My football memorabilia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192140619@N08/albums

Non-league photographer https://www.flickr.com/photos/143473465@N03/albums

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:55 am 
Post subject:

HendonHotshots wrote:
Sutton United have stopped doing print for the moment with last Saturdays match v morecambe being an online issue -

https://www.suttonunited.net/news/2023/october/match-programme-v-morecambe/

This is a bit disappointing as the Sutton programme actually has excellent content and clearly a lot of effort has gone into it but possibly sales not helped by a £4 price tag

I make it 19 clubs now in the EFL who no longer print programmes

That is a real shame. I went to a pretty recent Sutton United home EFL Trophy (formerly Papa Johns etc) game and they did a full programme for £4

Whilst I am the sort who would have even paid £5 for a printed programme, I am no doubt in the distinct minority, but the crowd was less than 1000, and I saw hardly anyone else in the crowd with a programme. There was stacks in it including a detailed historical article that must have taken a lot of work for someone to write, scan the pictures etc.

As good a programme as it was they really could and probably should have done a slimmed down version for £2 in my opinion, as they were killing themselves for almost little readership.

Digital replacement is fair enough but people will soon get out the habit of reading it and when the club sees it has been downloaded in double figures only, plus a third party is selling printed copies of it, they will probably jack it in.

Slippery slope.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 am 
Post subject:

On Saturday Sutton United went back to selling a printed programme, however for £3 rather than £4

It was a sell out
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> League Two. (Who is producing) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: