Football Programmes Centre

To Print or NOT to print nowadays-that is the question
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
To Print or NOT to print nowadays-that is the question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:03 pm 
Post subject: To Print or NOT to print nowadays-that is the question

When you consider in the 1920/1930's some clubs produced a programme that had next to nothing content other than the team page and a small amount of chatter and they sold a good few depending on which division they were in.

In 2021 the quality of the programmes is exceptional and despite the internet/twitter/facebook/instagram and all the other media platforms the big boys of the Premier League and most of the Championship will continue to produce-some may fall away but not in the Premier League so it was astonishing that Hibs have brought in nobodies with no clue and no input and no footballing sense of any description to close it all down.

Here is an interesting article from the Football League Review in 1970-see who was top of the pops and i can assure you it has not changed to this day and i would say the disparity between other clubs is as wide at the "top end"

The humble programme should NEVER be culled-a great lack of acumen as if Hibs only printed 1000 they would i reckon sell out and after a few matches the demand may well start to increase so you print a few more perhaps, its only my view.....

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
New Forest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

I have not been to any Football League grounds for a few years. So am out of touch as to who produce programme and who just do on-line or even not at all.

At Walthamstow we produce a programme for most games - we have had 8 home games in a row and coping with holidays we may have had to resort to one double issue. The programmes is dependent of a handful of contributors, but we still produce unique individual numbers. Last season I believe we the fifth overall in a National poll. The point being if we can make the effort then bigger clubs can. Those who can't be asked to print any should feel ashamed.

Walthamstow have gone from crowds of 30/40 to 300. Print them and they will come.

By the way, printing programme from a website is, in my opinion, not an official programme.
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:43 pm 
Post subject:

Went to a match earlier in season and got a Walthamstow programme and the covers are very unique!!!

Only went to see if a couple of players who were at Hendon last year (Sami gebrai & dwade James) ended up going back to the Stow

They didn’t and went to Enfield FC instead but i can thoroughly recommend the Walthamstow programme which IMO is one of the exemplars for non league clubs doing printed programmes that I’ve seen so far this season
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

Went to a match earlier in season and got a Walthamstow programme and the covers are very unique!!!

Only went to see if a couple of players who were at Hendon last year (Sami gebrai & dwade James) ended up going back to the Stow

They didn’t and went to Enfield FC instead but i can thoroughly recommend the Walthamstow programme which IMO is one of the exemplars for non league clubs doing printed programmes that I’ve seen so far this season
NeilP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:25 pm 
Post subject: Re: To Print or NOT to print nowadays-that is the question

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
When you consider in the 1920/1930's some clubs produced a programme that had next to nothing content other than the team page and a small amount of chatter and they sold a good few depending on which division they were in.

In 2021 the quality of the programmes is exceptional and despite the internet/twitter/facebook/instagram and all the other media platforms the big boys of the Premier League and most of the Championship will continue to produce-some may fall away but not in the Premier League so it was astonishing that Hibs have brought in nobodies with no clue and no input and no footballing sense of any description to close it all down.

Here is an interesting article from the Football League Review in 1970-see who was top of the pops and i can assure you it has not changed to this day and i would say the disparity between other clubs is as wide at the "top end"

The humble programme should NEVER be culled-a great lack of acumen as if Hibs only printed 1000 they would i reckon sell out and after a few matches the demand may well start to increase so you print a few more perhaps, its only my view.....

As a Hibs fan and programme collector I agree with all of manchesterunitedman1’s points. Over 100 years of tradition scrapped by people who have been involved with the club for about 5 minutes. No substance to their assertions that programmes were a waste of time, effort and money, perhaps if they had even bothered to sell programmes at the home matches this season then sales would have been better? Mind you, this wouldn’t have fitted in with their clear agenda to get rid of the match programme.

Hopefully the plans for a fan lead group to resurrect the match programme at Easter Road will come to fruition leaving the club free to concentrate on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok or whatever medium they deem as an appropriate replacement.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: