Football Programmes Centre

Pre War Accrington Stanley Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre War Accrington Stanley Programmes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:29 pm 
Post subject: Stanley

Any photos yet or has the thread gone cold?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm 
Post subject: stanley

Still no photos, or further correspondence? I don't want any, but would have been fascinated to have seen them. The "vendor" seemed keen to get them into the public eye but hasn't been back on here since. Is this a con, or have the people who sent him pm's heard anything?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

PM hasnt even been read.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 pm 
Post subject: Stanley

Ringo's first posting said that "I have come into my possession around 50 Accrington Stanley programmes...in very good condition"

Ringo's second post said that "I should be hopefully seeing him tomorrow and obtain a list"

Why would Ringo need a list from him if they were in his possession?

As my first post said "could be a wind up"................
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am 
Post subject:

These are going to be pretty rare and will be £100 upwards pending opposition. If you want to maximise value then put them into auction. You could go to Sportingold or Southebys or Christies.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

PM not replied to.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm 
Post subject: ringo

I reckon Ringo has a chance of buying these and wanted to know what to offer, hope the old guy gets a fair price.
Not so convinced anymore.
Holtie No
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

Does anyone think Accrington programmes have come down in price since they regained league status? I don't mean pre war , but stuff from the 1950s. They used to go for about £20 or more but now you can pick them up for a fiver. Arguably the most evocative name in football, having got back into the league, some of the romance of the club may have died...I don't know?
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe we're speculating a bit here, but I think you might be right Holtie. I think the old guy offered them to him for say, £50, and he wanted to check he would make on it. No
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Does anyone think Accrington programmes have come down in price since they regained league status? I don't mean pre war , but stuff from the 1950s. They used to go for about £20 or more but now you can pick them up for a fiver. Arguably the most evocative name in football, having got back into the league, some of the romance of the club may have died...I don't know?

I know I may come across as a pedant but people tend to forget that Accrington Stanley have only been in existance since 1968 and are not the same club that used to play in the league. Just as Bradford Association Football Club (Bradford Park Avenue) are not the Bradford Park Avenue who used to play in the league, AFC Telford are not Telford United, Aldershot town are not Aldershot FC, FC Halifax Town are not Halifax Town FC, Scarborough Town are not Scarborough FC, Nuneaton Town are not Nuneaton Borough.... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

stodin wrote:
I know I may come across as a pedant but people tend to forget that Accrington Stanley have only been in existance since 1968 and are not the same club that used to play in the league. Just as Bradford Association Football Club (Bradford Park Avenue) are not the Bradford Park Avenue who used to play in the league, AFC Telford are not Telford United, Aldershot town are not Aldershot FC, FC Halifax Town are not Halifax Town FC, Scarborough Town are not Scarborough FC, Nuneaton Town are not Nuneaton Borough.... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

I disagree with a number of those listed above, fans are what make clubs and if Aldershot FC went bust but were immediately reformed as Aldershot Town with the same fans and ground, I consider them to be a legitimate continuation of the club. Sames with Halifax Town, Telford and Scarborough.
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

Like I said, I am a pedant and technically they are not the same clubs

Wink
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

You are quite correct Stodin. In fact the Accrington Stanley which went out of the league in 1962 was not the original founder member either! This was Accrington FC who played next to the cricket ground on Thorneyholme Road - I can see it from my window as I type this. The 1962 club joined the 3rd Division North in 1921 and played at Peel Park.

As far as a previous post is concerned, yes, I find Stanley programmes from the 50s have decreased in value. Living in Accrington, I pick them up fairly regularly, and though they still always sell, the prices are a lot lower. Stanley programmes from 1968 to about 1979 however, are very sought after by that club's collectors.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:08 pm 
Post subject: Accrington Progs.

Weres RINGO?.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 pm 
Post subject: Ringo

Strawberry Fields? All you need is love, not Stanley programmes.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: