Football Programmes Centre

RIP Jack Charlton
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIP Jack Charlton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:31 am 
Post subject: RIP Jack Charlton

Another all time great and 1966 hero

Brilliant raccontar as well.... friend went to a Sportmans dinner where he spoke

He told the story that in the game v Mexico of his brothers goal, building up the audience who cheered each line up to the ball smacking the back of the net...

then said "and how many of you buggers remembered it was me that passed him the ball!"

A giant, in every sense of the word.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

So Big Jack has gone and it's another sad day for those of us old enough to remember 1966 and all that. And the only one to have any lasting success as a manager, firstly with Middlesbrough in the 70's and then with the Republic of Ireland national side when he became an "honorary Irishman".

3 photos of Jack here for you to enjoy. Firstly, for Leeds at Palace, 1970/1 in typically determined action to clear danger.

Secondly in animated pose while Sheffield Wednesday boss, some time in the 80's.

Lastly with Malcolm Allison and Jack's old mentor Don Revie, possibly around 1978 at Walton Heath Golf Course for the European Open.

RIP Jack, you'll never be forgotten, an Englishman through and through, with a liking for Guinness!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
DoncasterRovers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:13 am 
Post subject:

He made his debut against Doncaster on 25/4/53 and coincidentally that is the only Rovers programme I am missing from that season. If anyone has a copy to sell please let me know. Cheers.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: