Football Programmes Centre

Lockdown!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lockdown!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:47 pm 
Post subject: Lockdown!

So everyone has had too and is still going through it, this post is about asking who has made the time available to be in their favour as regards their collections then?.

I decided a while ago that I needed to revamp the office that I share with a ton of stuff, so after spending a bit of time sorting through it, I still had the same amount of stuff in the same room but all I had done was make it neater!.

Next day about 3 weeks ago I dragged 2 cabinets out of their dusty retirement in the garage to join the 3 others that were sat there already with shelves bowing under the weight!. I bought all these bookcase shelves/units call em what you will from Ikea when they first opened up in Warrington which has to be close on 30 odd years ago-still in good nick despite being scuffed and a few bits chipped off the bottoms-I can tell you that the 456 spiders were given their marching orders, they were not happy!.

I have spent a couple of weeks carting them up stairs, taking stuff out and streamlining the room and filing the purchases of the last 10 years that I deemed as less important[found quite a few bits that should have been more prominent for sure].

Anyway, all sorted-my United Library and some of the Binders holding programmes, tickets, menu's are now in place, Newspapers and Scrapbooks sit in a pile tucked in a corner that now measure floor upwards of nearly 6 ft, i'm going to resist the thought that the next time I need to check something it is sat about 4feet or more down the pile!

Here is the end result

https://flic.kr/p/2j8XXhz
https://flic.kr/p/2j8ViKG
https://flic.kr/p/2j8XXkf

Already made a start on the other area which is my "Museum" where there are more Binders than in the photos above and these are the older bits n bobs-hampered by the space available and the fact I decided 20 years ago to shelve 2 sides, so that should keep me entertained!

So I ask the question that I started with-has anyone used this extra time to re-organise/re-arrange the way they store or keep their stuff??-please send images and let everyone see perhaps.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 pm 
Post subject:

Show-off Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Show-off Laughing

I think your confusing me with someone else who collected MU items Laughing Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

The lockdown has given me time to enjoy parts of my collection that I haven’t looked at properly in years. I have done a bit of reorganisation and also started posting on here more regularly. Through the forum I have entered into correspondence with some good, helpful, people and that has been a major positive.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:
Show-off Laughing

I think your confusing me with someone else who collected MU items Laughing Laughing

Wave

Get My Coat
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

The lockdown has meant that I can not operate out of my club shop at Auchinleck Talbot FC, something I so look forward to every home game. It's not just the selling, it's the craich with collectors, picking up donations etc etc.

Anyway, when I realised that the lockdown was going to happen I brought two or three boxes of our more collectable stuff back home with me to try and sell from home. Six weeks on, and after posting on various Facebook sites, and putting out a list I'd made something like £700 - something I'd never have done in the same time at the ground on matchdays.

I also put 30 lots into today's sportingold auction, also on behalf of the club, and the first few went very well indeed. Lots 741 to 750 made the club £570. I also have lots 1308 to 1329 to go, as we speak, and the amount will make a significant donation to our Beechwood Park Regeneration Project.

I'd managed to raise £17,200 up to the lockdown, and was hoping I might get to £18,000 on the back of the auction. With the sales already made on the list and FB sites, I was just about £150 off the £18,000 mark, and I hope we'll be nearer £19,000 once the lots have gone tonight.

EEKA PEEKA!
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

That looks really smart Leslie, great job!

Regards my collection, I've done a lot more sharing of items on twitter and online. I even had my own article on the CPFC official website when they ran a 'Palace in the Attic' appeal to see what people had out there.

I have had a lot more time to enjoy hobbies for sure, I painted a concrete 'narrowboat' planter I had put off doing for 3/4 years, did a complex lego stadium model, that I think would also have waited as long, and I have read several books (I don't usually make the time to read books)

I also have spent a fair bit of time getting retro style patches made up and sewing them on the bar scarf of my local non-league team - it's nearly finished and is now unique!

I am currently working on a 1/8 scale model kit of a Jaguar e-type, which is fiddly but enjoyable, what is nicest is not feeling guilty about spending the time on myself.

I found I not only have saved a lot of money during lockdown, through not going out, spending on petrol, meals out etc, but I've also got money back - our family holiday to Spain couldn't happen because the flights were cancelled, but the refunds were very welcome, I also got nearly £300 back on Palace away tickets I had bought in advance that will now be played behind closed doors, and I have little bit more coming back from a season ticket.

I was just making plans to splash out on several smart new binders for my cigarette card collection, when the power steering went on my car and landed me with a huge repair bill. Oh well, at least I have the money to pay for it I guess.

Regarding my programme collection, nearly 2 years ago I finally got round to getting lots of those 'really useful' 19LXL boxes and getting a good chunk of my collection into them. In reality I could probably do with loads more boxes, but it is always very satisfying getting programmes out of old shoeboxes under various beds in the house, and into these smart clear boxes, which stack well and hold loads!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:28 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
The lockdown has meant that I can not operate out of my club shop at Auchinleck Talbot FC, something I so look forward to every home game. It's not just the selling, it's the craich with collectors, picking up donations etc etc.

Anyway, when I realised that the lockdown was going to happen I brought two or three boxes of our more collectable stuff back home with me to try and sell from home. Six weeks on, and after posting on various Facebook sites, and putting out a list I'd made something like £700 - something I'd never have done in the same time at the ground on matchdays.

I also put 30 lots into today's sportingold auction, also on behalf of the club, and the first few went very well indeed. Lots 741 to 750 made the club £570. I also have lots 1308 to 1329 to go, as we speak, and the amount will make a significant donation to our Beechwood Park Regeneration Project.

I'd managed to raise £17,200 up to the lockdown, and was hoping I might get to £18,000 on the back of the auction. With the sales already made on the list and FB sites, I was just about £150 off the £18,000 mark, and I hope we'll be nearer £19,000 once the lots have gone tonight.

EEKA PEEKA!

Great effort John Thumbs Up
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

Our floodlight financing has been given a massive boost!
holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:01 pm 
Post subject:

Amazing effort John they are really lucky to have someone with your drive and commitment Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie I am positively green with envy at the organisational excellence on display...I sot surrounded by various boxes or indeterminate shape all of which contain an array of stuff in such disorder that I am embarassed not to know what is in them.

This has not been helped by the introduction of a new Schnauzer puppy who is making it her mission to destroy my hoardings one item at a time ( latest casualty Bath City v Telford c 1975.

But I have managed to make a start of reorganising some boxes ...and listing odds and sods here and elsewhere...yestreday I handed off a few bits to a local guy who bought via eBay and we chatted for a few minutes re his interests and so I have a new outlet for any stray Aircraft memorabilia that enter the premises.

I have noted a surge ( well three or four) unprovoked enquiries so clearly people are using the time to fill some gaps....

My wife is still threatening a skip though....
martino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:

Not for the Schnauzer I hope.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:15 am 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Show-off Laughing

No Sharrow not show off its a show case Laughing and I know you only meant it in a light hearted way.

Now then, as phase one of 3 was completed last week, phase 2 followed in my mini Museum. The images are not as sharp as there is no natural light so this is the reason that the images are what they are. Also with the shape of this space there is little chance to do a great deal more than has already been done but some items were moved around a little. Phase 3 commences later this week with the re-organisation of every wall in the house bar the bedrooms and lavvies to see if more stuff can be shoved on the walls and if some stuff needs to be taken down and replaced with other items that have been on the subs bench for a number of years.

Also for some reason 4 off the photos have not reverted to a portrait style and so its a matter of adjust your neck to view-sorry.

Lastly and most importantly, this is not an attempt to show you all "look at me, look what I have got" type of thing, that is not my style. I am fortunate that I worked very hard for 50 years and paid out a fair amount, plus the fact I had to sell up on two occasions one to satisfy a greedy ex, so over 95% off what you can see has only been clawed back in the last 20 years, not that I am making any excuses for being able to be in a position to buy some stuff back but simply letting anyone see what I have. To hord it all and keep it private is not for me, I want to see what is out there, only this week I was shown some stuff from pre-WW1 re MU I never knew even existed, it is not available, but now I know it is there it is something else to look out for in time. For me there is no where near the pleasure if you keep it all to yourself-but if that is how you want to do it then that is up to u-just not my way.

Lastly, i know the ones out there that do not want to see this and you know what, i could not give a monkey's.

The links below save you getting a crick in your neck

flic.kr/p/2j9UQGX
flic.kr/p/2j9Tvs5
flic.kr/p/2j9UQBr
flic.kr/p/2j9QQsC
flic.kr/p/2j9UQE2
flic.kr/p/2j9UQJf
flic.kr/p/2j9TvBo
flic.kr/p/2j9Tvx5
flic.kr/p/2j9UQKs
flic.kr/p/2j9UQNd
flic.kr/p/2j9TvDN
flic.kr/p/2j9TvFm

Wave Wave

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:52 am 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
pafcprogs wrote:

Not for the Schnauzer I hope.

No, I'll be in the skip before little Darcy is....
BlueFinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:53 am 
Post subject: Lockdown!

I think it's absolutely fantastic and I'm glad you've shared it on this forum. Well done you!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: