Football Programmes Centre

Heracles v Manchester City 1978/9
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Heracles v Manchester City 1978/9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm 
Post subject: Heracles v Manchester City 1978/9

I have a programme from a friendly played in Holland, think that season is correct but certainly late 70's.

I can't find much online about the game, does anyoe know if it has any particular value or scarcity?
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 am 
Post subject:

Edited as season is 1978/9 - assumed friendly.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 pm 
Post subject: Heracles v Manchester City 1978/1979

This game was a pre-season friendly match and, in those far away days of dealers lists/offers lists only, was a relatively high priced item of around £40 or thereabouts. Then came the 2008 financial collapse, the banks stopped throwing their money around (do you ever hear of a 115% mortgage now?) and then the growth of Ebay which now has a far higher ratio of buy it now rather than the popular auction side. A long way to state that the value is now somewhat less than before due to the change in the general market; if I was going to guess a value I would reckon around £10 to £15 but could be less if there is lack of interest. Maybe someone else will put forward an alternative opinion--- if they feel motivated.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 am 
Post subject: Re: Heracles v Manchester City 1978/1979

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
This game was a pre-season friendly match and, in those far away days of dealers lists/offers lists only, was a relatively high priced item of around £40 or thereabouts. Then came the 2008 financial collapse, the banks stopped throwing their money around (do you ever hear of a 115% mortgage now?) and then the growth of Ebay which now has a far higher ratio of buy it now rather than the popular auction side. A long way to state that the value is now somewhat less than before due to the change in the general market; if I was going to guess a value I would reckon around £10 to £15 but could be less if there is lack of interest. Maybe someone else will put forward an alternative opinion--- if they feel motivated.

Appreciate the reply, thank you.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: