Football Programmes Centre

Best way to photograph badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best way to photograph badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:43 am 
Post subject: Best way to photograph badges

Need some help photographing my pin badge collection.

I’m using an iPhone 5 to photograph the badges but there is no consistency between each photo for Flickr.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jamesy
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 am 
Post subject:

Wait till night and they come out of their sett.

Oh sorry... badges.

Get My Coat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 am 
Post subject:

Much apppreciated Pete!
Bogus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

I would suggest taking them in a south facing window and make the most of the natural light, but not when the sun is at its peak (12-2) as it'll cause too much glare.
I do them on top of a wood bookshelf, some people like to use a plain back ground, either way i would avoid any noisy backgrounds

tbh i would much prefer to use a proper camera, mobile images only really look any good when viewing from a mobile, they are pretty poor quality one use throw away in comparison and very much limited if you need to edit. ie an photo with my camera before i edit it will be around 25mb as standard, be lucky to get anywhere near that off your mobile and thats equivalent to a shed load of missing pixels
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:11 pm 
Post subject:

I do struggle myself, but use a pocket camera and try and do the photos outside so there is lots of natural light. Even so, I still get issues with too much and too little reflections off the shiny metal
Klevagal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

What works for me...
A mini tripod for the iPhone (dead cheap via eBay) and use the volume switch (on those ear buds that come with the phone) to remotely activate the shutter - no shake, in focus.
For the neutral background, I have some sheets of grey paper which I cut to appropriate size and tape to a piece of foamboard though thick card or anything rigid will do.
I prop up the foamboard at the same angle as the iPhone and attach the badge using bluetack.
Natural light where possible as artificial light turns the grey background a tan colour which is ok by way of neutrality but lacks consistency between images taken in daylight.
I tend to create a barrier by holding a piece of card or a magazine angled to prevent glare / shadow.
Hope this helps
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: