Football Programmes Centre

Man Utd v Benfica 1966
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Man Utd v Benfica 1966

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cantona93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 am 
Post subject: Man Utd v Benfica 1966

bluejames

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

i don't know anything about ticket ollecting but 3 people believed it was worth £500+ so i assume it is a very difficult ticket to find.That said i wouldn't pay that price for a current cup final ticket with all the package trimmings but there are plenty of folk, with money to burn, who will.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

If you ask me, not that anyone is, but it stinks of shill bidding.

Some numpty with nil feedback bidding £152 just once and then walking away with the winner on just 32 feedbacks, they hoped to rope some mug in and nearly did, I bet the underbidder gets a second chance.

Not an easy ticket for sure but not in that league, anyway see if it appears again??.

Wave

If you want to see some very scarce items that involve Manchester United Juniors from the 1950's, then a few turned up on ebay recently-now they were genuinely rare items for sure-see other post in the correct section.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

Yes a mind boggling price for that ticket,as Leslie has said yes it is a tricky one to get hold of but is certainly not as rare as the price would suggest,what I will say is I have bought a few tickets off this seller on Ebay recently and have been the underbidder on others,as of yet I have yet to receive a second chance offer on any of them and have not seen the one's I didn't win relisted by the seller.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 pm 
Post subject:

Stourbridge Lion wrote:
Yes a mind boggling price for that ticket,as Leslie has said yes it is a tricky one to get hold of but is certainly not as rare as the price would suggest,what I will say is I have bought a few tickets off this seller on Ebay recently and have been the underbidder on others,as of yet I have yet to receive a second chance offer on any of them and have not seen the one's I didn't win relisted by the seller.

Ah but were they at this level?-I would doubt that perhaps.

There are plenty of sellers on ebay who some of the time don't cause waves but are also known to be outright thieves, keeping a sort of sensible profile in getting sales at low levels adds to their street cred.
I never even looked who the seller is or what their history may be, my comments were based on a few years experience in having to deal with assholes as well as in the greater majority of honest & decent folk, maybe I am way off base, but there are ingredients in the bidding for that item that give me cause for concern, anyway it is all conjecture so let's move on to more positive topics Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

No to be fair that one was off the Richter scale compared to his other sales,he has been selling a collection of United tickets from the 60's to 90's including rare Euro aways some have touched three figures but nowhere near this amount!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

Stourbridge Lion wrote:
No to be fair that one was off the Richter scale compared to his other sales,he has been selling a collection of United tickets from the 60's to 90's including rare Euro aways some have touched three figures but nowhere near this amount!

I rest my case...

Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm 
Post subject: Re: Man Utd v Benfica 1966

Cantona93 wrote:
How did this happen?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-United-Match-ticket-stub-1966-European-Cup-v-BENFICA-Q-F-1st-leg-/173830856233?nma=true&si=NC9HtePth5Tt37WJZ3cBtdRFPHQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Was there some some extra special VIP sat in this particular seat I wonder?

Strange this one because I had a feeling of deja vu (not sure what it means but it sounds right Very Happy ).

Just look at the bidding, take note of p***o (1405) and 4***3 (32)---(1405) makes bids of £299--£354--£400--£499 and £549.

Then, 4***3 comes in with the winning bid of £559.00.

These two Ebay ID's are both the same person---M J Betts of 5 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Exmouth EX8 4QD.

So what is the game? Simple reply--don't know.

By winning on ID 4***3 he will not pay---he has bid it up and will sit back with the knowledge Ebay will do nothing.

So why the feeling of 'here we go again'--just look at the EBAY WARNING!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 pm 
Post subject:

Well that firmly puts the top hat on it then Roy, but what is the connection to the seller and buyer or is it the seller is just a basic t@@t who likes to wind folk up with multi aliases, must have crossed your path for you to know who he is.

As for the seller all the tickets he has sold are common or garden, the only time he has obtained anything around the 3 figure mark is when he has been selling 10-15 of a season. Wave

Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 pm 
Post subject: Man Utd v Benfica 1966

Now I have got it. Smile

The seller is innocent and will be the victim of non-payment, the seller just wanted to sell it and listed it at a reasonable price----his hopes of a free fortnight in Tenerife (paid by the proceeds of this item) will be dashed. He will be chasing this guy for the next 2/3 weeks all to no avail and will wonder how Ebay has let him down.

What this is all about is two guys who hate each other and this one (4***3)(32) outbids the other one just to stop him winning it and then uses the Ebay system to get away with it. Not only that, he has been shafting people on Ebay for years and we must now realise that the Ebay system is there only for your fees and they will not police their own system because they (themselves) will not be paid.

A good job these guys are not bidding on Peter Bonetti photos because they will be the next to reach stupid levels (of high bidding) and who wants that?
Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: