Football Programmes Centre

Villa programme help, please!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Villa programme help, please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:53 pm 
Post subject: Villa programme help, please!

Hi

I run the @CalcioEngland account on Twitter and the associated blog. I am writing a piece about the unusual story of Franz Carr at Reggiana in 1996/97. I’m trying to find any snippets or quotes about his move from Villa to Reggiana on 1st October 1996.

Are there any Villa collectors out there, who wouldn’t mind taking a look at the next home programme after this date to see if there is any info about the move? In particular I’m keen to know what length of contract he signed in Italy. A Google search has drawn a blank on this!

Many thanks in advance if anyone is able to help out on this. I would also be happy to post the finished blog up here if people are interested.

Many thanks
Tom
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm 
Post subject: Prog

Pop a messsage on twitter and I’ll retweet it as I have quite a few followers
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

I've been through the next two programmes (taking it through into November) and although there's mention of a trial at Reggiana, there's no recognition that he left. Your search for information probably isn't helped by the fact that Paul McGrath left in the same week!
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:08 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks both for your replies 👍

I’ve managed to draft around that bit of detail! The finished blog post can be found here in case anyone is interested...

https://calcioengland.wordpress.com/2018/12/16/calcio-misfit-franz-carr-at-reggiana/url
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Villa programme help, please!

sbs1trg, enjoyed that about Franz. With your interest in ltalian football, why don’t you go for a book idea about Brits who played in ltaly? . You could go back to the great John Charles, Denis Law and others who played there in the late 1950s early 60s. Didn’t lan Rush say he never enjoyed it at Juventus because they spoke a funny language! I don’t think Platini made him very welcome. If you take in the Spanish experience , Lineker and the others, you could incorporate that as well. I know Davie Fairclough played over in Switzerland near the end of his career. I bet they have all got a tale to tell. All the best in the future.
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback Flaming Pie 👍

There are quite a few, including more recent ones like Joe Hart and David Beckham. Related to this, I also wrote a piece on David Platt’s time in charge of Sampdoria (another ex-Villain, of course);

https://calcioengland.wordpress.com/2018/12/01/never-go-back-david-platts-ill-fated-second-spell-at-sampdoria/

It’s just the blog for now, but who knows in the future. It seems a lot easier to publish things these days with e-readers and the like.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: