Football Programmes Centre

WEST WIGHT SUPPORTERS CLUB PROGRAMME HELP NEEDED
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WEST WIGHT SUPPORTERS CLUB PROGRAMME HELP NEEDED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgmbarside

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:32 am 
Post subject: WEST WIGHT SUPPORTERS CLUB PROGRAMME HELP NEEDED

hi can anyone help ,just got the programme from local auctions and told 40s but no date ,it is WEST WIGHT V L.C.C. (STAFF) form the isle of wight , phone numbers were in double figures for some firms on covers , any help will be most welcome
from
michael g middleton
ps put photos also

Sherlock
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Hi.

I’ve only ever seen one West Wight programme from a similar era - that was late 40’s and a ‘fan-fold’ (single sheet folded in three) type.

Would be useful to see higher-res pictures, especially of the teams, but I’d guess this was actually mid-50s or possibly early-60s. Lots of the advertisers are the same as the one I’ve seen, but in your pics the ads use more modern fonts. By the way lots of IW phone numbers were still double digit well into the 1960s.

It’s a great item though. If you can post a close-up of names in teams I might be able to help more. Don’t know anything about the visitors I’m afraid - am guessing they’re from off the Island.
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Further to my earlier slightly wayward guess, I’m reliably informed this was a London County Council tour match played on April 3rd, 1953. West Wight won 4-2.
mgmbarside

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 am 
Post subject: west wight

many thanks yachtsmun , you have been a great help Bow Bow
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am 
Post subject:

No problem - nice to have a topic I can help with. Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: