Football Programmes Centre

Ebay twat from Germany
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay twat from Germany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 pm 
Post subject: Ebay twat from Germany

I was selling an item on ebay and as usual stated UK bidders only.
I got home to find that a German bidder s_wid bought the item.
I cancelled and sent him a pm to explain why.
He left me a negative feedback.
Seller canceled purchase without explanation - VERY NEGATIVE - DON'T BUY!!!!!!!! Buyer: s_wid
Reply by eck56 (15-Sep-18 18:39):
I said UK bidders only and he attempted to buy anyway, LIAR - reported to ebay.
I reported but know I won't get satisfaction from ebay, l checked his feedback left for others.
7 negative in his last 200 purchases.
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Sven Wid is one of the best ebay buyers you will ever come across.That said if you don't want to sell to German bidders that is your perogative of course
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 pm 
Post subject: ebay twat

You can select which countries you want to send to and which you don't while your listing your item. It's easy
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
Sven Wid is one of the best ebay buyers you will ever come across.That said if you don't want to sell to German bidders that is your perogative of course

Maybe but he's a lying twat, feedback is not intended for revenge if things don't go your way.

Nothing against Germans l just don't want to post outside the UK.
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 am 
Post subject:

I do hope this doesn't start a war. Laughing
garyspain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am 
Post subject:

I've also dealt with Sven and found him to be an excellent ebayer.

I must confess to also bidding on "UK only" items from the Republic of Ireland. I believe some sellers don't realise they do it. I certainly wouldn't leave negative feedback for anyone who refused to sell.

I only recall one occasion when I was refused (actually a Scottish seller Very Happy).
Obviously I just accepted it. I've also bid on German only items.

If it is a really good item that I want, I offer to pay for International signed for special delivery to protect the seller. I also have the option of using parcel motel which gives me a UK address.

Allowing bidders from outside the UK can only increase your sales and bids. You could exclude certain countries and insist on international signed for special delivery for all items outside the UK.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:06 am 
Post subject:

When I see that a seller doesn't post out with their own country (in my dealings, mostly Australia), a quick message almost always establishes that they are quite happy to sell to the UK and that they didn't know about or forgot to alter that setting.

Depending on when it is and if I want it quickly or not, they are almost always happy to post the item to a relative out there and I have them brought back by the next UK visitor to save extortionate postage.

Communication always helps when it comes to dealings from abroad.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am 

Speaking from my own experiences, I have no problem with sending items overseas, but will always use a tracked service.
Although my Ebay items are listed with GSP service for overseas, I am always happy to send direct to save the buyer money and agree that communication is the key.

A couple of weeks ago though, trying to save a buyer money on postage did backfire on me.
A guy in France purchased three press photos from me, but paid individually via GSP. They were going to charge him a total of approx £45 in postage, so I contacted him and advised him that I could send them direct to him for about £8, but would need to cancel the transactions and relist as one lot for him to re-purchase (something I have done many times with no problems)
He agreed, but once I had done so, he got confused and thought he had paid for them despite the refund being sent and then didn't understand why I wanted "more" money.
The language barrier was a real problem between us and after about twenty messages, he has gone into silent mode and I have lost the sales.
Regardless of this isolated problem, I will continue to offer to help buyers save on postage as it's good customer service.
I just hope that the language barrier doesn't get in the way again
Get My Coat
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 am 
Post subject:

I never made the overseas rule for no reason, i've had bad experiences, I don't have a problem posting to Ireland though.
I didn't have the opportunity to communicate, I had to go out and when I came home the listing had ended,there were 2 bids both from Germany. I explained to the buyer why l no longer post overseas and he left a neg. I asked why he lied on the feedback, he replied. You make me laugh.
I am not too bothered about getting a neg because I don't often sell on ebay I mostly buy. I think his actions were snide.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:01 pm 

Eck wrote:
I never made the overseas rule for no reason, i've had bad experiences, I don't have a problem posting to Ireland though.
I didn't have the opportunity to communicate, I had to go out and when I came home the listing had ended,there were 2 bids both from Germany. I explained to the buyer why l no longer post overseas and he left a neg. I asked why he lied on the feedback, he replied. You make me laugh.
I am not too bothered about getting a neg because I don't often sell on ebay I mostly buy. I think his actions were snide.

If you phone Ebay up Eck, they will take the negative feedback off of your account as no transaction took place.
Worth a phone call mate.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay twat from Germany

Five and In wrote:
Eck wrote:

If you phone Ebay up Eck, they will take the negative feedback off of your account as no transaction took place.
Worth a phone call mate.

Cheers mate but i'm not that bothered about having a negative it's just the way he went about it.I reported the buyer and i'll leave it at that and I won't buy or sell on ebay unless they do the right thing.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

Had a similar experience a few years back selling a Japanese Tin Plate Car, I made it very clear in the listing that I did not post overseas due to past bad experiences and despite this a Chap from Italy bid,won and paid for the item. I had a nightmare sorting that one out and found out in the process that EBay had automatically assigned the Global Shipping Program to my account. I was totally unaware of this at the time until this transaction went through. I eventually sorted the transaction out and have to say EBay did help sorting out the money/charges and Negative Feedback the cheesed off Italian left!! Needless to say I don't have the GSP selected anymore!! Hope you get it sorted out Eck. As mentioned by other posters EBay can and do sometimes help out! Thumbs Up
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:08 pm 
Post subject:

I contacted ebay and they are going to remove the feedback within 24 hours. I had an experience a few weeks ago with an Hungarian bidder, I cancelled and he got in touch and pleaded with me to sell to him, I did so at a reduced price because he went about things in a civilised manner.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
I contacted ebay and they are going to remove the feedback within 24 hours. I had an experience a few weeks ago with an Hungarian bidder, I cancelled and he got in touch and pleaded with me to sell to him, I did so at a reduced price because he went about things in a civilised manner.

Result....... Smile
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

PompeyPhil wrote:
Eck wrote:

Result....... Smile

They were helpful and I think the major factor was as five and in said - no transaction took place so there shouldn't have been feedback left.
I understand others have a good relationship with him and it's right that people should judge a person based on their own experience rather than what you hear from others but l have the experience of him being a twat and i'm going to block him.
Thumbs Up
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 am 
Post subject:

[quote="Eck"
They were helpful and I think the major factor was as five and in said - no transaction took place so there shouldn't have been feedback left.
/quote]

Nice one Eck Ayatollah
cardiff55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm 
Post subject:

I don't list as selling overseas either. A few years ago I was warned about certain countries when selling Subbuteo items (well Italy in the main!). If you think there are problems selling programmes you should see the hassle in Subbuteo.

Anyway As I don't list as selling overseas anybody who buys an item who lives abroad goes in to EBays Global Shipping Programme. So I send the item to eBay in the Uk, and Ebay send on to the buyer after charging them silly postage costs.

As I understand it , if there is anything wrong with the sale, the buyer cannot return it or say it has not arrived. I have filled my obligation to send to Ebay and it is EBay's responsibility from there on.

So I think anyway!

Tony
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: