Football Programmes Centre

Anglo Italian Cup - Information wanted
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anglo Italian Cup - Information wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

While we're on the subject, let me share this with you. Regular visitors to the forum will have seen this before but it's an original match fixtures poster from 1971, which I since got framed. I absolutely adore it, it has pride of place in my hallway so it see it many times every day

It was an ebay Buy it Now from Bob Frank and Elvis, and I couldn't snap it up quickly enough when I saw it!!! I'd have paid 5 times the price to be honest!

These are the used ticket stubs to Palace's 2 away games at Inter and Cagliari

MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:33 pm 
Post subject:

Lovely! Bow

nutfield priory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 am 
Post subject:

Below my copy of the Cagliari v Crystal Palace ticket. It would appear mine is an unused ticket

Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:17 am 
Post subject:

Really lovely! Smile Love
Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:55 pm 
Post subject:

I love the poster!

Ian
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Ian
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

That poster is a beauty!
MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:08 am 
Post subject:

I've just found this on eBay - I won't be bidding but you might have to move quickly.
I have NEVER seen this anywhere before!
16-page booklet with a colour cover.

LINK

MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:21 pm 
Post subject:

Just come across this in Football League Review, Volume 5 issue 502, page 6, from about September 1970.

In their Programme Review section they look at Benfica and then bemoan the fact that Italian clubs don't bother with them.

"In Italy it is even worse. They don't have any programmes at all. An Italian League official told us: "There is no interest among the fans."
The Italian footballing authorities tried to whip up some interest for the Final of the Anglo-Italian KO Cup Tournament last May when Swindon Town played Naples.
They issued big stories to the national press there that a special match programme would be available.
But despite the fact that 50,000 spectators turned up, they sold less than 1,000 copies.
As the competition secretary Gigi Peronace told us: "It was a flop. We shall never sell the idea of club magazine programmes to Italians. They get all the news, they say, in the papers."

So now you know!

You can see the original FLR and contents here -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/75238685@N02/sets/72157713480029158/player

MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

MansfieldTerrier wrote:
MansfieldTerrier wrote:
I know that it isn't worth squat but I have a colour photocopy of the Bologna v Huddersfield programme. Simply a folded sheet of A4!
I've been outbid twice on originals when they have come up and gone for daft money.

Correction - I've now got one!! Easy
Decent price too on eBay. Expected to pay an awful lot more! Easy

I'm selling-up my HTAFC collection.

Would anybody like to make me an offer for this?

Update: SOLD

Last edited by MansfieldTerrier on Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 pm 
Post subject:

MansfieldTerrier wrote:
Full contents...

Then a 1/2-sized fold-out attached to the inside front cover...

Also selling this - any takers?

UPDATE: SOLD!

Last edited by MansfieldTerrier on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:23 pm 
Post subject:

MansfieldTerrier wrote:
Just come across this in Football League Review, Volume 5 issue 502, page 6, from about September 1970.

In their Programme Review section they look at Benfica and then bemoan the fact that Italian clubs don't bother with them.

"In Italy it is even worse. They don't have any programmes at all. An Italian League official told us: "There is no interest among the fans."
The Italian footballing authorities tried to whip up some interest for the Final of the Anglo-Italian KO Cup Tournament last May when Swindon Town played Naples.
They issued big stories to the national press there that a special match programme would be available.
But despite the fact that 50,000 spectators turned up, they sold less than 1,000 copies.
As the competition secretary Gigi Peronace told us: "It was a flop. We shall never sell the idea of club magazine programmes to Italians. They get all the news, they say, in the papers."

So now you know!

You can see the original FLR and contents here -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/75238685@N02/sets/72157713480029158/player

GiGI Peronace was the first Italian to be involved in player transfers out of Italy to abroad i believe and it is he who "brokered" the deal to take Denis Law from Torino to Manchester United in 1962. https://flic.kr/p/67ACUY

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
MansfieldTerrier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:33 pm 
Post subject:

Denis Law = HTAFC legend.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:35 pm 
Post subject:

I know this is an old post originating 10 years ago but for what it is worth i thought you may be interested in some information about Manchester United's interest in the Anglo Italian Tournaments in the 1970's.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWKkRZb

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: