Football Programmes Centre

Sporting Memorys Sale No.27 - Tue 7th & Wed 8th August
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sporting Memorys Sale No.27 - Tue 7th & Wed 8th August
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:07 am 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
derby1884 wrote:
Did all the pre-war Amateur Cup Finals sell?

http://www.sportingmemorys.com/
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sporting-memorys/catalogue-id-srspo10012

Interesting - was surprised the issue at Darlington didn't sell.
Never, ever seen that one before.

Thanks.
chorlton63

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am 
Post subject:

Wish I knew before needed the 1944 wales v England programme. The last welsh internationals I need!
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 am 
Post subject:

chorlton63 wrote:
Wish I knew before needed the 1944 wales v England programme. The last welsh internationals I need!

I would suggest contacting Robert (details at start of thread) and sort out a deal.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 am 
Post subject:

Looks like around 55% of the lots didnt sell, how does this compare to other auctions? seems heck of a high.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am 
Post subject:

I believe the lots with realistic reserve prices sold. Many of the reserve prices were very high, I guess this is down to the seller insisting on the reserve price. A few lots sold for very high prices an example the 1938 charity shield at Highbury, this usually sells for around the £200 mark but fetched from memory just over £500 plus commission.
I bought one item for my collection which in my opinion was a sensible price.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am 
Post subject: 1908 Charity Shield Replay

Lot 1320 was the 1908 Replay of the Charity Shield played at Chelsea at the start of the 1908-9 Season and also included the Chelsea v Preston North End game.

To my knowledge the last time this programme appeared at Auction was 18 years ago when it was auctioned by Phillips at Manchester United FC.

Back then the estimate was £5-6,000 and it fetched £7000 plus the commission of 15% + 5% vat on the hammer price, so it ended up around
£8,200.

This week the other one had an estimate of £6-8k and fetched £10.8k plus the commission which would end up around £13,100.

I thought the estimate this week was about right which is the point of the post in relation to it's very rare nature, most of the Pre-War United stuff sold with some homes from the late 1930's went for sensible prices, the odd one maybe did not sell and some of the aways in the 1920's went very high indeed but not by me, i had limit in my mind but when that has been overtaken by some 40%-then let someone else wake up owning it and wishing perhaps that Red mist had not descended!.

Manchester City homes from a Bound Volume from 1917-18, many never sold with a 550 or so start, of course the one v Manchester United was always going to sell and it topped the list at £1320 ending up at £1600.

I am not expert enough to comment on other club's programmes being too high, but when they were simply passed over as there were with no bids in at all and no one was showing any interest both in the room and on the net then it does not take too much to work out does it that the pricing has been set too high.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

To go alongside all the thoughts and theories already presented, could it be a sign of the times that less collectors are now in the hobby with disposable income? Also, as has been discussed previously, could the payment policy have an impact?

http://www.footballprogrammece.....redit+card

Debit & Credit Card payments weren't an option for this auction.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 pm 
Post subject:

Good summary Leslie, and ultimately the unsold stuff is bound to resurface somewhere in due course, and next time with a lower estimate/reserve
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Good summary Leslie, and ultimately the unsold stuff is bound to resurface somewhere in due course, and next time with a lower estimate/reserve

Thumbs Up Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am 
Post subject:

For my part I won 6 items and I don't think I overpaid for any of them. I get the feeling that I was perhaps the only bidder or maybe only against one other. That really makes a difference. Once you have two or more bidders with the same item on their wants list then, as Leslie says, the red mist can appear.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: