Football Programmes Centre

Soocer Review 65/6 & League Football 74/5
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Soocer Review 65/6 & League Football 74/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 pm 
Post subject: Soocer Review 65/6 & League Football 74/5

I'm looking for the following if anyone can help please?

Ideally in very good condition without any rust to the staples.

Soccer Review no longer required

League Football 917 & 918

Thank you

Last edited by Ruud Van Driver on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm 
Post subject:

My updated needs list above, just the four to go if anyone can help please?

Thank you
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Ruud,

Although I have loads listed on Ebay, I don't have those numbers.

However, I've just checked the general listings on Ebay and found #918 being sold for a reasonable amount;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-75-Football-League-Review-918-West-Ham-War-League-Cup-Leicester-Chelsea-FLR/162800088190?hash=item25e7a4347e:g:fxUAAOSwQS1Z6ilS

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Mark
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the heads-up, I already have that one on 'watch' but note that it looks like it has rust to the staples looking at the Leicester City picture. I do have one already with rust which I'm looking to improve on.

I don't have 917 at all.

Thanks again,

Mal
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm 
Post subject:

Hi again Mal,

I keep an eye on the FLR's on Ebay and I've spotted a few from #910 to #920 (the last 10) where one or two sellers list them at very high prices.

If they sell them at such levels (e.g. £30-£40), good luck.

I sold some of these numbers on auction and generated high amounts once but once only (think I had people competing).

Since then, I've listed these numbers and sold them for around the usual level (a few quid).

The only one I'd set at a high starting amount on auction or on Buy-It-Now would be the last one, #920 with Gerry Francis in England kit on the front as I know that this one is still rare and people will pay larger amounts.

But we're not talking huge money here, maybe £35 or so.

Finding them without any staple rust is a challenge. I have vast numbers from a few job lots I bought (once not realising that the lot included any FLR's!!!) and many have staple rust, even if just a small amount at the base of the staples where they turn over in the centre page fold.

The rust is almost like vertical creases on programmes or torn off corners on European tickets - those condition faults are almost standard and to be expected.

Good luck with the search.

PS I have very few spares from the last season 74/5 and the ones I do have are all from the first ten, not the last, unfortunately!
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:34 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks again Mark. Yes, I saw that someone had listed a few for silly prices, don't believe any sold though. I had a spare 920 but I swapped for a couple of others from the same series with top forum member Rocky!

I have a huge collection of spares from 66/7 - 73/4 if anyone is looking to complete their own collections, I also have 67/8 & 68/9 in the original FLR binders if they are of interest to a forum member.

Please DM me if you think I can help.

Finally, a plug for your guide to FLR's Mark, a superb piece of work and an excellent informative read as always Thumbs Up
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

Ruud Van Driver wrote:
Thanks again Mark. Yes, I saw that someone had listed a few for silly prices, don't believe any sold though. I had a spare 920 but I swapped for a couple of others from the same series with top forum member Rocky!

I have a huge collection of spares from 66/7 - 73/4 if anyone is looking to complete their own collections, I also have 67/8 & 68/9 in the original FLR binders if they are of interest to a forum member.

Please DM me if you think I can help.

Finally, a plug for your guide to FLR's Mark, a superb piece of work and an excellent informative read as always Thumbs Up

That's very kind, Mal.

Thanks very much. Smile

http://www.goalsandwickets.co......agazine-2/
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

Mal, how are you getting on with all your items pre-move since we last spoke?
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Goalsandwickets wrote:
Mal, how are you getting on with all your items pre-move since we last spoke?

Well funny you should ask that Mark! It was my intention to post the details in a few days time but broadly this is what will be available, likely to be of more interest to a dealer or prospective dealer due to the bulk involved, I need to sell in one hit really. All figures are the low estimate of what's there as nothing has been counted yet and everything bar a few of the programmes will be in very good condition...

5000 football magazines 1940's to 1990's including a complete run of World Soccer from 1960 through to the 90's missing only Nov60, an almost complete collection of Soccer Star, an almost complete set of CBFM from 1951 onwards including it's other guises through to the 90's, 40+ (yes 40+) binders of Shoot from the 70s/80's plus many loose copies, almost complete set of Goal, plus long runs of Sport Weekly, Striker, FA News, Football Weekly News, Match etc etc, the list is endless and will also include quite a few of the lesser known rarer magazines, some duplication also.

Around 100 DJ Bookbinder style empty programme binders, all in green cloth with gold lettering, most English League clubs covered

Around 60 hardback books, mostly autobiography's and the vast majority are signed

Over 2000 programmes and probably many more, English League or Non-League with most League clubs covered 1960's to 2000's

Hundreds of Football League Reviews

Plus a host of other items of football memorabilia as the room gets emptied, there will certainly be a van load, a good profit for someone with the time to sell on

Not looking to make much on this bulk offering and am open to offers by DM

Please DM me if this is of interest, thank you

I shall also post this on a separate thread so that more forum members get to see it and will update the list as I progress. I am emigrating towards the end of January, a couple of years earlier than expected, hence this very reluctant sale

Mal
Goalsandwickets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

Good luck with it all, Mal.

If I were a bit closer to you, I might at least come and have a look.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of interest.

Best wishes,

Mark
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

Goalsandwickets wrote:
Good luck with it all, Mal.

If I were a bit closer to you, I might at least come and have a look.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of interest.

Best wishes,

Mark

Thank you Mark, all the very best to you too Thumbs Up
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:41 am 
Post subject:

Soccer Review & League Football update...

None now required, set complete.

Thank you
facup1939

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 pm 
Post subject: Soccer Review / Football League Review

Hi All

I have been helping a friend, who does not 'do' computers, with his collection.

Thanks to Ruud/Mal we knocked another one off the wanted list just before Christmas.

We are now down to 4 required.

Soccer Review 1965/66 - Number 26

Football League Review 1974/75 - Numbers 915, 917, and 920.

I am aware that the 74/75 ones are difficult, but if anyone has any of the above that are available, please PM me.

Many thanks.

Paul.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am 
Post subject: Soocer Review 65/6 & League Football 74/5

Hi Paul

I have 915 available.

pm sent

Paul
facup1939

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: Soocer Review 1965/6 & Football League Review 1974/5

Hi All

Just thought I would update my post from 2nd January.

My thanks to Paul / Five and In for Issue 915 and to Karl / CNSOBU for Issues 26 and 920.

Both were a pleasure to deal with, and both transactions were smooth and swift.

Now only Issue 917 required. If anyone has this available, please PM me.

Paul.
johnwells

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 pm 
Post subject: League reviews League Football and variations

Hello firstly I have many of the magazines available for sale BUT NOT THE LAST FOUR ,,, no lists available but wants lists can ONLY be checked if sent to me on johnseagulls@hotmail. co.uk

I don't know how many of you delve deep into your mags but are readers aware that many exist in 2 versions , and I have at least one wth 3 different back cover and I think there is at least one with 3 versions of the front. Those with multiple spares are best to research this but this is a brief idea of the variations..

vol 2 various issues after 21 the start of the different title form, some exist with OLd HOLBORN ad on back cover, same numbers exist with PARK DRIVE vrsion on back. There are
also some variations in the data in the banner headline dates, the courtesy message exist with some data omitting date , some omit courtesy , others may exist

there are also variations in vol 3 and 8 the latter copies exist with player on back and PARK RIVE AD one also with a BRYLCREEM ad. only one I know of differs inside the cover and that is the 3 version one in VOL 8,

PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT , not through this site if you know of theses and can add to the list or if you want to know more.

john

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: