Football Programmes Centre

Big Up to Texas Rangers
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Big Up to Texas Rangers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm 
Post subject: Big Up to Texas Rangers

I sent a very speculative PM to TR re the Plymouth tour to the USA in 1954 when he announced he had some US v British programmes available

Lo and behold he PM's me a few weeks later to point out a very rare, and equally badly described tour match from a US dealer.

The St Louis Simpkins v Plymouth programme is now winging its way to me at a fraction of what I have seen quoted for similar programmes from the tour..and I have NEVER seen this one advertised before.

So one delighted FPC member who now has to work out how to thank a fellow member for his generosity of time and thought .

Cheers TR , a true gentleman and a credit to our hobby/passion!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

Great to turn up stuff like that, and at a bargain! TR is a top bloke, he even hand delivers programmes personally from Texas Wink

Put a scan up once it arrives, would be good to see it
Thumbs Up
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

I believe this programme was on UK Ebay in the last 6 months, badly listed. There was a Cardiff City programme from an American tour at the same time. The St Louis v Plymouth issue was listed as St Louis v Cardiff and fetched somewhere in the low £100,s. I was the underbidder on it.
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:30 am 
Post subject:

Too kind gentlemen. Always my pleasure to help out fellow collectors although I can't always promise the hand delivery. That will only happen if I'm back over for Rangers games and you're within driving distance.... Smile
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

Texas Rangers wrote:
Too kind gentlemen. Always my pleasure to help out fellow collectors although I can't always promise the hand delivery. That will only happen if I'm back over for Rangers games and you're within driving distance.... Smile

Next time you're here, give me your wants and i'll see if I can help.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 pm 
Post subject:

Likewise although they are few and far between in deepest Kent

Rangers programmes that is!
Sir Moses Hill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:39 am 
Post subject:

TR, any tips on US dealers to keep an eye on?
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

There aren't any dealers that specialize in "soccer" programmes mate. It's all etsy, ebay, etc as the only sources and they come up very infrequently. To make matters worse, when there is a British team involved, for the most part sellers over here have cottoned on to it and are pricing accordingly. You still get odd balls like the subject one on this thread that end up being a bargain, especially if it's your team or a particular programme you are after as it was in this case.

There just isn't a market for them here. I've contacted a few sports memorabilia dealers who of course focus on NFL, baseball, basketball and the college versions of those sports in the hope they have soccer programmes and never had any joy. There are quite a few of the modern MLS programmes and the 70's / 80's Cosmos, Whitecaps types on ebay but the touring programmes very rarely come up.

Btw, I'm still looking out for your Glentoran programmes. Haven't seen one since we last communicated.

I take it you have not had any joy either ?
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

Sir Moses Hill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

Dan Petrescu on the cover there, Eck.
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

I can see that now Mo but I never noticed. I have two of these.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: