Football Programmes Centre

Alan Woodward RIP
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alan Woodward RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarnsleyCollector

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 am 
Post subject: Alan Woodward RIP

Although a Barnsley fan, Alan Woodward was a hero of many lads of my age as he grew up in the same village as us. We used to knock on his mum's door for an autograph when he came back home to visit in the 70s. His brother played for the village football team for years. He stayed in the United States after hanging his shooting boots up. RIP Alan.

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 am 
Post subject:

Waiting for the Indy obit - sad news - I remember him playing for the Blades at Selhurst Park, grey haired and so looked older than he was, but with a great cross and a fearful shot.

Here are 2 nice photos of him

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
kenners46

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:51 am 
Post subject:

I got his and a few other Sheffield United players autographs when they played down at Fulham 1977-78 season...he stood out for me at the time with his grey hair.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Remember him when I went away to Sheffield United 3-3 draw I think it was 1970 (I was 10) stood out and Bell Lee and Summerbee were playing. He was very skillful.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: