| Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels |
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
colchestersid
Joined: 08 Mar 2009 Posts: 778
|
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 am
Post subject: Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels |
|
|
Royal Mail prices went up yesterday, around 8% by the looks of things
Also worth remembering that paying extra for Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For is now utterly pointless - compensation level is only £20 (same as 1st Class with proof of posting) and most of the time they don't bother with a signature anyway |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Pete’s Picture Palace Forum Moderator

Joined: 19 Feb 2013 Posts: 4298 Location: Wallington Surrey
|
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:32 am
Post subject: |
|
|
Totally agree with that Sid.
Last week I posted one pack by special delivery to Liverpool, one by 1st class to Bristol, both arrived the next day.
I also posted one by 1st class, one by 2nd class on the same day - they also both arrived the next day.
I think I got very lucky on both days.
As regards incoming..... I now seem to get one delivery every 3 days. So far I've had nothing since Wednesday - ie nothing Thursday, Saturday or yesterday Tuesday. I'll probably get an armful today, though Wednesday is my usual postie's regular day off. So that may happen tomorrow.
When I started my website in 2006, in the week commencing 10th April I sent 7 orders and that cost me £5.70 total. Now that would be north of £15.
Increases like this are a deterrent to anyone placing an order for one or two photos only. Sometimes, postage costs more than one photo.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Five and In

Joined: 15 Sep 2015 Posts: 1458 Location: Dawlish, Devon
|
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 am
Post subject: Royal Mail price increases and compensation levels |
|
|
I think its disgusting how Royal Mail are allowed to keep putting prices up so regularly.
The hike a few months ago saw some services increase by around 35% which is a joke in times where small businesses are fighting to survive.
The increase this week is minimal by comparison, but still ANOTHER increase none the less.
I now use Parcels 2 Go for anything that I previously used to send using a signed for service as it usually works out around £1 cheaper a go.
For example, yesterday I sent an autographed programme by courier with £20 protection for £2.82. If it had gone with Royal Mail with £20 protection it would have cost £3.90.
On average, I probably do that 15-20 times a week and a saving of £20 a week isn't to be sniffed at and will end up saving around a grand a year at that rate. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
sharrowblade Forum Moderator

Joined: 03 Jul 2009 Posts: 3623 Location: Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane
|
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm
Post subject: |
|
|
Unfortunately, like everything else in this country, we are getting taken to the cleaners and nobody is doing anything about it.
Councils gambling away their finances and then blaming everyone else.
The state of the highways.
Utility companies digging holes all over the place to justify their budgets and doing sod all.
Energy companies lining their pockets.
The Post Office still don't want to pay out, some of them should be in jail by now.
and then there's the premier League................say no more. _________________ http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharrowblade/sets
A Sheffield United Programme guide |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
martino
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 Posts: 2217 Location: Beautiful downtown Goostrey, Cheshire
|
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:20 pm
Post subject: |
|
|
For letters and large letters I have switched to the Royal Mail online service.
Discounted price. Enter details, print off the label and stick it on. They will come and collect it for nothing more - so saves on my petrol. Or you can bung it in a post box or drop them off at the post office if you want a receipt for it.
For parcels I used to use Parcel2Go but I now do it direct with Evri. I have had no problems with them. Tracked, next day delivery, if required. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|
|
|
| |
|
|
|
Enniskillendoc, 4 days, 10 hours ago
Enniskillendoc, 4 days, 18 hours ago
wok1271, 6 days, 11 hours ago
Footyfan, 6 days, 14 hours ago
goat49, 1 week ago
Dorking, 1 week, 1 day ago
Phil_MCFC_1946-1970, 1 week, 1 day ago
killerandflash, 1 week, 1 day ago
Dorking, 1 week, 2 days ago
Kev63, 1 week, 4 days ago
Dorking, 1 week, 4 days ago
Dorking, 1 week, 4 days ago
Dorking, 1 week, 4 days ago
Five and In, 1 week, 4 days ago
Blueraider, 1 week, 4 days ago
markb9060, 1 week, 5 days ago
garyspain, 1 week, 5 days ago
goat49, 1 week, 6 days ago
Eck, 1 week, 6 days ago
goat49, 2 weeks ago
goat49, 2 weeks ago
Pete’s Picture Palace, 2 weeks ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 1 day ago
grantham, 2 weeks, 1 day ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Brem75, 2 weeks, 2 days ago
martino, 2 weeks, 2 days ago
martino, 2 weeks, 2 days ago
wok1271, 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Dorking, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Five and In, 2 weeks, 6 days ago
thfcbasil, 3 weeks ago
saint clarkie, 3 weeks ago
Dorking, 3 weeks ago
programme_seller, 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Brem75, 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Dorking, 3 weeks, 5 days ago
bigearl79, 4 weeks, 1 day ago
flashhat, 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Thedoog10, 1 month ago
dorking!, 1 month ago
Dorking, 1 month ago
bigdavethemaddog, 1 month ago
swnydwr, 1 month ago
PDuffyLFC1892, 1 month ago
Five and In, 1 month ago
Buster, 1 month ago
Dorking, 1 month ago
Buster, 1 month ago
swnydwr, 1 month ago |
| |
|
11,932
Members
10,014
Members Wants
40
Members Mini-Stores
4,327
Members Items for Sale
|
| |
|