Football Programmes Centre

New Brighton v Barnsley - why so expensive ??
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Brighton v Barnsley - why so expensive ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:52 pm 
Post subject: New Brighton v Barnsley - why so expensive ??

I was watching this on eBay and can’t believe the price it fetched.

Any ideas ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134433360094
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 pm 
Post subject:

You've not spotted the really strange thing - it's a reserve team fixture in the Midland Combination. New Brighton first team were at Southport in Division Three North whilst Barnsley first team were at home to Oldham in the Second Division. The starting price was £595 and the seller did not say it was reserve sides

Last edited by colchestersid on Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turvey Tyke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:27 pm 
Post subject:

I'm pretty certain its not gone to a Barnsley fan.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

Same bidder bought the sellers other New Brighton 22/3 issue, so has to be a New Brighton collector.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:01 pm 
Post subject: New Brighton v Barnsley- why so expensive??

I live a short distance from New Brighton. It makes you wonder how many of their programmes have just been dumped over the years when some old timer has passed away. The original club in the area was New Brighton Tower FC 1898- 1901. I did have a large photo of them that didn’t sell for a great deal at auction . I have never seen one of their programmes. Just wondering if they actually exist?
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Hello everyone,
I have just this minute been allowed back in after serving a second massive period in exile. I know others have given up bothering because of access problems and maybe why it can seem like the Marie Celeste on here !! So here's hoping I am still ' in,' so write this as if it is a message in a bottle,
I too was surprised by the price this item fetched, most odd, still cannot fathom this one out. Not too long ago there was a massive collection of New Brighton on Ebay and lots of even first season, prices nowhere near this lot. There a couple of NB homes on my wants list hence my interest in this defunct club.
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

I can't help with New Brighton. Stunned at the prices.

Re the login issues I had to move from chrome to firefox and latest to Edge. Edge now failed for me a couple of weeks ago but lo and behold chrome works for me again.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: