Football Programmes Centre

The Scottish Programme Fair
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pacey Winger2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 pm 
Post subject: The Scottish Programme Fair

Evening everyone,

Scottish Football Programme and Memorabilia Fairs are collaborating with football historian and programme guru John Litster to bring

Sunday 2nd June 2024
10.30 - 14.00
The McAlpine Pavilion / Lesser Hampden
Queen's Park Football Club (overlooking Hampden Park)
Glasgow.

Admission free

It's the first national event in Scotland for over two decades and follows on from the success of the regional Fairs over the past couple of years.

Sorry, but not looking for any more vendors at this time. Details of those booked up will be released nearer the time.

All welcome
Pacey Winger2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

Confirmed vendors for this event

John Litster
Brian Johnson (Almondvale programmes)
Andy Mitchell
David MacCallum
Curtis Sport
Boyd Miller
Russell Shepherd

Former players to be announced
grantham

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thought I would share this message for anyone planning on attending

Quote:
*********SCOTTISH PROGRAMME FAIR CANCELLED*********

All,
I am extremely disappointed to bring you the news that the Scottish Football Programme Fair, scheduled for Sunday 2nd June 2024, is cancelled.
On Friday (24th), I received a call from Queen’s Park F.C. event staff informing me that the venue was now being used for the national team and that they were no longer able to host our Fair.
To receive this news, nine days prior to the event, four of which were a bank holiday weekend was sickening.
Over the weekend I have reached out to the highest in the SFA and Head of Commercial at Queen’s Park Football Club to resolve this.
All day yesterday and this morning, I have been in negotiation with QPFC and three alternatives were offered, another venue away from Hampden (not suitable for a fair), a change of start time to mid afternoon (3pm) and a room at Hampden but at significant additional cost to that agreed and the majority of which I would be liable. In consultation with the vendors, it was decided none of these three options were suitable, particularly given the importance of this event and how it has been advertised.
To this end, the Fair is now cancelled.
This event was more than a year in the making. The number of hours of organising I, and others, have put into it is immeasurable and I am sickened to have to bring you this news, but I feel I have been put in an impossible situation.
I have spoken with all the vendors and apologised for this late call off and I want to apologise to each and every one of you that intended to come.
Over the next few days, I will be hitting social media hard, trying to get the word out there and I wonder if I could ask for your assistance in spreading the news also.
It’s a sore one to take admittedly, but after a bit of a break, Ill be back raring to go with the Capital and Fife Fair.

Apologies again

Jim

bairnabeau

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

Very poor show from Queens Park.

grantham wrote:
Thought I would share this message for anyone planning on attending

Quote:
*********SCOTTISH PROGRAMME FAIR CANCELLED*********

All,
I am extremely disappointed to bring you the news that the Scottish Football Programme Fair, scheduled for Sunday 2nd June 2024, is cancelled.
On Friday (24th), I received a call from Queen’s Park F.C. event staff informing me that the venue was now being used for the national team and that they were no longer able to host our Fair.
To receive this news, nine days prior to the event, four of which were a bank holiday weekend was sickening.
Over the weekend I have reached out to the highest in the SFA and Head of Commercial at Queen’s Park Football Club to resolve this.
All day yesterday and this morning, I have been in negotiation with QPFC and three alternatives were offered, another venue away from Hampden (not suitable for a fair), a change of start time to mid afternoon (3pm) and a room at Hampden but at significant additional cost to that agreed and the majority of which I would be liable. In consultation with the vendors, it was decided none of these three options were suitable, particularly given the importance of this event and how it has been advertised.
To this end, the Fair is now cancelled.
This event was more than a year in the making. The number of hours of organising I, and others, have put into it is immeasurable and I am sickened to have to bring you this news, but I feel I have been put in an impossible situation.
I have spoken with all the vendors and apologised for this late call off and I want to apologise to each and every one of you that intended to come.
Over the next few days, I will be hitting social media hard, trying to get the word out there and I wonder if I could ask for your assistance in spreading the news also.
It’s a sore one to take admittedly, but after a bit of a break, Ill be back raring to go with the Capital and Fife Fair.

Apologies again

Jim
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: