Football Programmes Centre

Lucky find
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lucky find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:34 pm 
Post subject: Lucky find

Sometimes things just seem to be falling for you.

I have been really disciplined of late in not buying because I have so much to sell. I still look and have recetly left very lowball speculative bids on a couple of items at small auction house .

The first came in at £25 plus commission. On collection as it was local I found it was basically a one per club collection from England /Scottish teams largely 1957-59. In it were also the 1959 French Cup Final replay and the European Cup Final and a Newcastle friendly at a local non league side.

Most that have been sold went for the traditional couple of quid or less...many remain unsold ( let me know if interested) But the the above three and a Celtic home went for over £120 combined. Quite a few of the Scottish ones went for decent numbers as well.

Today a parcel arrived from MST who did Gordons auction....I bought it purely because the photo had some odd looking Torquay bits from the early seventies.

In it was an autograph book....lots of stick in autographs....not very exciting...except at the back, folded up and loosely taped in were ten single sheet friendlies/western league games. There are also a couple of original match posters including one for the Alan Smith testimonial v Wolves.

No idea what they will go for in the end but for sure more than the £30 it cost.

Makes up for all the duds bought over the years! Well, almost!!
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:45 pm 
Post subject: Lucky find

I love stories like this and hope you do really well with the rest of your items. I remember someone telling me they purchased some old autograph book for not a great amount. It contained George Formby’s signature and that’s the one they really wanted . At the back of the book was another interesting signature,, George Harrison . I think he used to go to Formby conventions and they would all strum along to Formby’s music. A nice little bonus Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: