Football Programmes Centre

Player Gets Kicked Up The Arse By Ref!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Player Gets Kicked Up The Arse By Ref!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm 
Post subject: Player Gets Kicked Up The Arse By Ref!

One here for Pete( Picture Palace). Referees stood for no messing in the olden-days . Walsall’s Jack Allison gets the full treatment from the ref in this 1950-51 photo.( currently for sale on eBay) The opposition are Watford. Modern day players don’t know they are born Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

Nice one Pie. Watching it now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:45 pm 
Post subject:

Nice picture that, Pie.

There's a few modern day players that could do with a good kick up the arse, it might give them something real to grizzle about whilst writhing around like they've been shot.

And, despite what the xenophobic Beeb would have you believe, the worst culprits are ALL English players.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Nice picture that, Pie.

There's a few modern day players that could do with a good kick up the arse, it might give them something real to grizzle about whilst writhing around like they've been shot.

And, despite what the xenophobic Beeb would have you believe, the worst culprits are ALL English players.

Wiggy, that's very harsh. Paul Pogba, Aubameyang? That's just 2 at the moment. I'm sure more will come to mind through the day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:04 pm 
Post subject:

I took a chance and bought this photo off eBay.

Looking at the referee, turns out he is William Ling, of Cambridgeshire, who not only refereed the 1951 FA Cup Final (2 weeks after this photo) but then went on to be selected for the 1954 World Cup and then to actually referee the 1954 Final between Hungary and West Germany.

So the fallen Walsall player in this photo, Jack Allison, could have proudly claimed to have been kicked up the ar#e by a World Cup final referee!

From my experience yesterday, he can be grateful he never had to resort to VAR. That's another story.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:11 pm 
Post subject: Player Gets Kicked Up The Arse By Ref!

Great research Pete. Here’s a few pages from a 1931 Athletic News. It’s a bit tatty and probably not worth anything, but it’s unusual to see match reports from Everton( and Dixie Dean) in The Second Division. They could well be back there next season! Chester were about to join the League and Tranmere were playing Nelson and Wrexham had just played Wigan Borough in League games. If only l had that Wrexham programme Laughing
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

In the 1965 European Cup Semi final with Inter Milan, Liverpool were cheated out of the game by a Spanish referee Ortiz de Mendibil, and a Hungarian "fixer" Dezso Solti. The 3-0 defeat was highly contentious and Tommy Smith confronted the referee at the final whistle. As the Spaniard would not even face Smith, Tommy proceeded to boot him up the backside. A clear case for a sending off you would think, but the ref just ran off the pitch.such was his guilt ridden frame of mind. Shocked
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: