Football Programmes Centre

Bradford City Central League/Midland League Reserves Fixture
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bradford City Central League/Midland League Reserves Fixture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm 
Post subject: Bradford City Central League/Midland League Reserves Fixture

Hi does anyone know where i can go (website) to get a detailed season list of when games were played ?

I have most of my seasons covered of who we played but not a specific date of when games took place.

Also looking for pre 2nd world war scans should anyone be able to help .

My oldest home programme scan is from 1938-39 so hoping to find any earlier if possible

**Update found a scan from 1914-15 dated 28-11-14 but unknown as who we played as i have no details as to what fixtures took place that season**

Thanks

Garry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Bluebird54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, I don’t know of a website. It would be a lengthy process but the only thing I can suggest is a search of the newspapers which published the results of Central or Midland League games on the day they were played or the day after. For example the Star Green Un also carried reports of the games but it would require a subscription to the British Newspaper Archive. The particular game you mention was a 2-0 win against Huddersfield. Hope that this helps, Howard.
Bluebird54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, I don’t know of a website. It would be a lengthy process but the only thing I can suggest is a search of the newspapers which published the results of Central or Midland League games on the day they were played or the day after. For example the Star Green Un also carried reports of the games but it would require a subscription to the British Newspaper Archive. The particular game you mention was a 2-0 win against Huddersfield. Hope that this helps, Howard.
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

www.thefootballarchives.com has around 400 Bradford City reserve team matches on it, but we are currently in the process of adding more Midland League seasons
Garry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 am 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
www.thefootballarchives.com has around 400 Bradford City reserve team matches on it, but we are currently in the process of adding more Midland League seasons

Hi Grantham i have just been on the programme archives website but can only see 39 scans of Bradford city programmes so where do i go to see the 400 reserve programmes you mention ?

Thanks

Garry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:26 am 
Post subject:

Didn't say 400 programmes did I, I said 400 matches. As per your question where can I get match details from

Nor does it say anywhere in the site title that it is a programme archive
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: