Football Programmes Centre

euro 2020 finals tickets
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
euro 2020 finals tickets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:50 pm 
Post subject:

For the past five years or so the stationery company I use stopped sending me invoices through the post and decided to email them to me on the thin excuse that they were saving the environment...
Yeah if it meant they weren't printing the invoice, tucking it into an envelope and then sticking a stamp on there is saving the environment then I would agree but of course it's total Bull s**t!
If only paper was recyclable...
I'm not having a go at them, when was the last time you saw a utility bill in the post?
Far easier, cheaper and requires less people to generate something that you can digitally send rather than physically send.

For the past few (actual fan attended) seasons it's been getting far far harder to pick up tickets from football grounds anyway. Home Season Ticket type credit cards have been the norm as can be seen by various posters on this forum requesting tickets from the away team's fans.

Football clubs I feel are NOT likely to be going back to issuing tickets, am I happy about this? NO of course not but this is the modern world and this is the way that this is going, although I do think like the Euros sponsors and Hospitality are still most likely to get actual tickets so that may be an opportunity....
I've bought four pre-season tickets where QPR are playing at non-league teams and all of them are PAH !
A mate of mine attending Hampton & Richmond last Saturday claimed he didn't have a printer OR a modern mobile for a digital ticket, H&R got round this by printing out a PAH ticket for him and leaving it on the gate for his collection!

I'm not happy that actual tickets were not available to ordinary fans attending BUT happy that at least UEFA have made these sort of tickets available to those that do want them and they do state 'MEMORABILIA' so no-one is fooled.
Unless that is you want to pay anything from £50-200 for a real ticket...
I perhaps would've given everyone that attended the opportunity, should they want it, to be sent a freebie proper printed ticket free of charge.

Pity the FA couldn't have offered replica tickets for the last two cup finals, the last 2021 FA Cup Final ticket went for almost £200 on eBay!!!

Oh and Sponsors and Hospitality Euro 2020 tickets are either Pink or Orange on the front whereas 'ordinary' tickets are a blue colour as can be seen on the UEFA site.
Hospitality tickets also sometimes come with some very snazzy ticket holders with magnetic locking, keep a look out for those.
Laughing
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

What a great, informative post!!

Showing my ignorance on tickets here but is there a reason some blue tickets have a white border around them and others don’t and is one version more collectible than the Other???

I’ve ordered a replica one off uefa but might be half-tempted to bid on a blue one on ebay should the price come down as it’s not every year England are in a final…let’s hope it’s not every 55 years either.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

Adding to the murkiness

There is one seller on eBay with multiple tickets for all Wembley games, priced £70 up to £150

If you study the tickets you'll see they are printed "Access Control Test" - these are not tickets as such, rather they are dummy tickets used to test that the turnstiles were working correctly before each game

Nice little earner but no thanks....
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Showing my ignorance on tickets here but is there a reason some blue tickets have a white border around them and others don’t and is one version more collectible than the Other???

Pure guesswork on my part for this but I'm wondering if the quality control was a little lacking sometimes as it looks to me as if they were perhaps cut incorrectly. Wouldn't have thought it made them any more valuable because as we know tickets for some Euro 2020 matches are scarce, any of the matches involving Italy in the group stages for instance.

Here's a great one.
I live not too far from the stadium, so walking home on Monday evening imagine my delight when I found a ticket for the final, obviously it would've been better had it been 24 hours earlier!

HOWEVER my excitement soon turned a little as I found out that on the front left corner is #51 whilst on the back is #20.
So what I had in my hand was a FAKE TICKET.
Game #51 was the final and game #20 was England v Scotland.
Otherwise it looked a genuine ticket although the hologram was a bit on the pony side.

Thing is, how did the holder of the ticket think he was going to get in?
The digital QR coding would be different for each match, probably each seat/row/section/ground too. So the QR for #20 would've been different for #51
I'll keep this ticket in my collection as an oddity and it will go along with the fake one I found for the 2007 FA Cup Final, the first at the new Wembley.

One of the reasons presumably that clubs love digital tickets is that a) you can't fake them and b) you can't tout them.
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks very much for the advice super hoopy

The story you’ve shared also goes to show what anomalies can be found in the ticket collecting world and probably why I don’t routinely collect them
The irony is if what you described was a stamp you’d probably be sitting on a retirement fund as it’s a very interesting find
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

You say they can't tout them (mobile tickets) but I bought 3 tickets to England v Germany, and who I transferred the other two onto was totally up to me.

Admittedly my wife and son were the beneficiaries, if they hadn't been I wouldn't be typing this at home right now (!)

But if a tout had bought those 3 tickets in the UEFA general sale, he could have sold the other two to whoever he (or she) liked.

In some respects, it's easier as you don't even have to meet in person to do the deal. But it does require trust on both sides.

Anyway, in the end I went to 3 matches and ordered a souvenir ticket with each order, so it will be interesting if they have my name and correct seat number on them, or if they are just generic souvenir issues with a random seat number
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:04 am 
Post subject:

A friend of mine attended the Europa League Final and ordered a Souvenir ticket off UEFA when he purchased his match ticket when it arrived about a month after the game it wasn't his seat number or have his name on and was actually dearer than the memoriblia tickets UEFA are now selling on their website.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:22 am 
Post subject:

Dorking: Trusting a ticket tout would surely be a very large leap of faith! I was working on the method that it seems QPR and a few other league clubs will be bringing in which is to nominate potential receivers of tickets, usually a family member, if the holder of a digital ticket can't go.

Stourbridge: UEFA have the Europa League Final at £10 on their site, maybe they originally had it at a much higher price, if this is so the maybe the Euro 2020 tickets will come down in price in December, but I highly doubt it.
There'd be far more collectors for Euro 2020 tickets around the world than the ELF.

For the Euro 2020 tickets it does state that the tickets can't be personalised, I've ordered two for the final, be interesting if seat numbers etc are the same...
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: euro 2020 final tickets

[quote="hoggeddie"]Hi

I have three EURO 2020 tickets for sale all played at Hampden

Scotland Czech Republic

Croatia Czech Republic

Sweden Ukraine

PM please with any offer

Thanks

John[/quote

Have messaged you about these.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

A quick update

I went to England v Germany at Wembley (amongst other matches)
I bought my tickets direct through UEFA and when I bought them I ticked to receive 'souvenir tickets'

They arrived today, and I can advise that whist they are printed with the EXACT seats we sat in, they do not have our names on the tickets, and they do say 'memorabilia' on them

They are printed on the same ticket stock that 'on the day' replacement tickets were printed on.

I have yet to receive the souvenir ticket that I ordered from the website after the final, but I do expect that to have a generic seat number and souvenir or memorabilia on it
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Dorking, useful detail to know

This listing is on eBay. The seller has made clear they are post match souvenirs but they've had 33 bids already so clearly people out there not realising you can order them from UEFA at £10 a throw

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224543653939?hash=item3447d84033%3Ag%3AeikAAOSwdpFg-XSQ&LH_Auction=1
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

They could've bought at least four for the price its currently at.

Interesting to note though that they may be generic however the sear numbers to them are both different.

A bit of social distancing would've been taking place...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: