Football Programmes Centre

Hull badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hull badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hullbadge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:58 am 
Post subject: Hull badges

Hi everyone,

I used to collect and make Hull badges many years ago but since than I’ve loss both my parents, due to financial reasons from losing them and my disabilities getting worse I had to sell my whole Hull City collection. Which included nearly 1000 badges. I’ve slowly turned my life around now and getting back on my feet. I’ve been told I’ll never be able to work again as my disabilities are too bad. (Basically suffer from hundreds of joint dislocations a day plus ton epileptic seizures) . Which is hard been in my early 30’s. I also have autism so some of you might have found me intense in the past and I wanted to say sorry for that, I didn’t know how to cope with it (didn’t know I had it that why) . Anyways to past shielding for the past year I’ve been rebuilding my collection slowly but of course I have massive gaps that need filling. If you have any Hull badges (apart from match badges as keeping away from them for now) than please let me know.

I am going to produce some Hull limited edition badges from my old old supplier which was 100 times better than the last I produced to keep me busy. Has same 4 walls for the rest of my life isn’t going to do me any help and needing 18 hours of care a day at 31 I need something to do. Also after parents passed away lead to gambling addiction which wasn’t nice at all but been close to 3 years clean now.
Sorry for life story but I wanted people to see difficult time I’ve had and how I’ve nearly ended up dead due to mental health because of everything. Now badge collection is the thing that keeping me together
. Thanks Daryl

Ps my email is [email protected]

Hope you all can support me in this journey on road of recovery
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

I can't help with any Hull badges, I'm afraid (I'll keep an eye out though), but all the best going forward. I find collecting (and going through my collections) very therapeutic at times, I hope the same proves to be the case for you.

All the best and good luck.

Toby
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:31 pm 
Post subject:

Well done on fronting up on this, shows you have the right spirit and a great way to keep your mind off your troubles is to keep focussed on collecting. Guess a lot of us have found it therapeutic over the last 12 months, we all have issues and problems, some far worse than others.

Very best of luck and I don't know anything about badges, sadly, but there are some good guys on here who do, as you know.

I probably speak for the majority when I say we're all here for you and for each other if times get tough.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

Hey there Daryl, I remember you from the times Palace played up at the KC, you were usually by the park entrance.

I only really collect Palace match badges to be honest, so I can't really help with what you are after but I'm pleased to read you've got something you love to focus on and help keep you on track

David.
hullbadge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all , thank you so much. Hunting badges for my collection and rebuilding it , as really helped with my recovery.

Yes that would been me , miss selling outside match day but disabilities wouldn’t let me do it much.

Any help with Hull badges anyone that would be amazing. Thanks all, 3 years clean next month and working on making most life but shielding for over year as been hard.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: