Football Programmes Centre

I am so happy ?.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I am so happy ?.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:06 am 
Post subject: I am so happy ?.
Reply with quote

Unbelievably I have finally obtained a prog I have been looking for fore over twelve years Kettering v wellingborough NSCQF 26 1 77, I have been on radio, in local and national press, club website etc etc.
Had all but given up hope, so do plod on with your collection that elusive programme is out there somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pafcprogs



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Location: Westerham Kent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thats awesome Phil

But you can't leave it there.....where was this elusive item lurking all those years!
_________________
Currently disposing of my collection so please email any wants lists to [email protected].
Most Plymouth post war but plenty of others Cup Finals Internationals and Club issues, handbooks and other sports.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
seand



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 711
Location: Dublin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Great to hear Clap

I saw you posting a request just recently, and I remember thinking I've seen that request numerous times, it's so obscure you're unlikely to ever find one. So I'm delighted to see you did Easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 2966
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 am 
Post subject: Re: I am so happy ?.
Reply with quote

Thedoog10 wrote:
Unbelievably I have finally obtained a prog I have been looking for fore over twelve years Kettering v wellingborough NSCQF 26 1 77, I have been on radio, in local and national press, club website etc etc.
Had all but given up hope, so do plod on with your collection that elusive programme is out there somewhere.


Well now, "where there is one-there is 2!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Leslie Millman
Twitter: @manyuman1

To see 17,300+ original images relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2020 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images-16.3 + MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

pafcprogs wrote:
Thats awesome Phil

But you can't leave it there.....where was this elusive item lurking all tho
se years!


I picked it up of Ebay there was only me and one other bidder I won the bidding for £6.50 I was willing to pay a lot more than that a lot more, its in great condition also for a single sheeter small pin hole No writing at all... So pleased.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pafcprogs



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 901
Location: Westerham Kent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Think thats great.....to get for so much less than you would have paid...mind you factor in the hours of chasing it and it cost you an arm and a leg Smile

So is that it? No more programmes to chase?
_________________
Currently disposing of my collection so please email any wants lists to [email protected].
Most Plymouth post war but plenty of others Cup Finals Internationals and Club issues, handbooks and other sports.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bee007



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thedoog10 wrote:
pafcprogs wrote:
Thats awesome Phil

But you can't leave it there.....where was this elusive item lurking all tho
se years!


I picked it up of Ebay there was only me and one other bidder I won the bidding for £6.50 I was willing to pay a lot more than that a lot more, its in great condition also for a single sheeter small pin hole No writing at all... So pleased.


You should have mentioned it before as i have a couple of those. (Ha Ha)
Seriously though, well done. It just shows that eventually things do happen to turn up. I have been looking for the Bexley v Barnet programme for longer, but you never know, one day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Bee I had been looking for three Kettering programmes of which the Wellingborough one was one of them for over ten years pluss and then within a couple of days I picked up two of them amazing, I guess that's what makes this hobby of ours so enjoyable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

pafcprogs wrote:
Think thats great.....to get for so much less than you would have paid...mind you factor in the hours of chasing it and it cost you an arm and a leg Smile

So is that it? No more programmes to chase?

I recently found out during the lock down while having a sort out that I am shy of a Atherstone v Kettering 20-3-76 so that his my quest from now on.... Just hope that dose not take Ten years.... I am running out of time lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 3517
Location: Wallington Surrey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thedoog10 wrote:
pafcprogs wrote:
Think thats great.....to get for so much less than you would have paid...mind you factor in the hours of chasing it and it cost you an arm and a leg Smile

So is that it? No more programmes to chase?

I recently found out during the lick down while having a sort out that I am shy of a Atherstone v Kettering 20-3-76 so that his my quest from now on.... Just hope that dose not take Ten years.... I am running out of time lol.


I had one of those earlier but I'm not proud of it! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2048

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Lovely to read of your success! Easy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bee007



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thedoog10 wrote:
Bee I had been looking for three Kettering programmes of which the Wellingborough one was one of them for over ten years pluss and then within a couple of days I picked up two of them amazing, I guess that's what makes this hobby of ours so enjoyable.


The Bexley v Barnet programme is the only Barnet one i need going back to 1965 when we turned pro. I have every other produced programme up to date.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
overlap



Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Congratulations Phil, glad to hear you finally got that elusive single sheet.

Good luck on the Atherstone hunt too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

overlap wrote:
Congratulations Phil, glad to hear you finally got that elusive single sheet.

Good luck on the Atherstone hunt too.

Thank you my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

seand wrote:
Great to hear Clap

I saw you posting a request just recently, and I remember thinking I've seen that request numerous times, it's so obscure you're unlikely to ever find one. So I'm delighted to see you did Easy

Thank you, I am over t moon lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karb



Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 459

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Programme forums, websites and facebook groups just won't be the same wothout seeing your appeals Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thedoog10



Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Karb wrote:
Programme forums, websites and facebook groups just won't be the same wothout seeing your appeals Laughing

Thanks my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
| More
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum