Football Programmes Centre

Boardroom edition programmes - is this a collectible thing?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Boardroom edition programmes - is this a collectible thing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 pm 
Post subject: Boardroom edition programmes - is this a collectible thing?

I know there have always been the odd VIP programmes, with tassles and the like.

And of course the Wembley hardback editions for cup finals.

Last season I got hold of a Brighton v Palace 'boardroom' edition. All it is is a sleeve that goes over the normal programme.

I just also picked up one for this season for Everton

I'm not going to specifically hunt for these, but wondered if anyone was obsessively collecting them, as they might a different cover version etc?
chelseapeter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

HI.DORKING.I HAVE ONE OR TWO CHELSEA ONES..I LIKE YOU DOINT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO COLLECT THEM..A COUPLE OF COLLECTORS ALWAYS ADVERTISING BOARDROOM TEAM SHETTS FROM HOME CHELSEA MATCHES. AT A PREMUIM RATE..DO NOT SEEM TO SELL THAT WELL.I MYSELF HAVE NEVER HAD NO INTRESTED IN THEM.JUST GET ORDINARY HOME TEAM SHEETS...
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm 
Post subject:

I have a feeling Arsenal have both an A4 team sheet, and smaller A5 ones that fit nicely inside your programme.

It doesn't really do it for me, but I do like collecting the different covers for the same game - Palace do it for the last home game of the season, I believe Oxford do two different covers every game!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:07 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
I have a feeling Arsenal have both an A4 team sheet, and smaller A5 ones that fit nicely inside your programme.

It doesn't really do it for me, but I do like collecting the different covers for the same game - Palace do it for the last home game of the season, I believe Oxford do two different covers every game!

Derby County produced 2 different covers for the F.A. Cup match a few weeks ago[seems like a few years ago now].

My only comment is what is the point of 2 covers with the same identical content inside.

In the 1940's the Pirate sellers would for a big FA Cup match produce the identical programme in different colours so they could sell to the opposing sets of supporters-very novel and showed some real acumen! Wave Here is an example:

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Excellent example Leslie!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Excellent example Leslie!

Thumbs Up

Has anyone else got 2 Pirates for the same game with different covers at all. Probably the same group of scroates back then! Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Has anyone else got 2 Pirates for the same game with different covers at all. Probably the same group of scroates back then! LaughingWave

No, but I have 1 Pirate that covers two games. It's for the 1954 Amateur Cup Final replays at Newcastle & Middlesbrough. Originally produced for the 1st replay at St James Park, it resurfaced three days later at Ayresome Park with a sticker over the original date & venue. They even had the audacity to spell Ayresome wrong on the sticker.

Sorry from diverting from the original theme of the thread but Leslie did ask. Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Has anyone else got 2 Pirates for the same game with different covers at all. Probably the same group of scroates back then! LaughingWave

No, but I have 1 Pirate that covers two games. It's for the 1954 Amateur Cup Final replays at Newcastle & Middlesbrough. Originally produced for the 1st replay at St James Park, it resurfaced three days later at Ayresome Park with a sticker over the original date & venue. They even had the audacity to spell Ayresome wrong on the sticker.

Sorry from diverting from the original theme of the thread but Leslie did ask. Smile

Laughing Laughing Wave

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: