Football Programmes Centre

Difficulty of using this website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Difficulty of using this website
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
se20blue



Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 419

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm 
Post subject: Difficulty of using this website
Reply with quote

Am I the only one having trouble viewing and logging into this website ?
Can anything be done to improve this situation ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grumpypants



Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 338

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I'm having difficulty as well. Just taken me half an hour just to log on. Keep getting an 'Internal Server' message popping up. Does not happen with other sites. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Wants List
grantham



Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 799

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Performance for me has been poor for months, some days pages takes ages to load, and I find myself logged out.

Other days, I just get an internal error
_________________
www.programmehut.com - The Internet Dealers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Eck



Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 2467

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Keeps signing me out, a nightmare to log on again this is the last time spending 40 minutes trying to get in, if I can't acceess quickly i'll just have an attempt every so often until the issue is resolved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 3243
Location: Wallington Surrey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Exactly the same here, I started writing this message on Tuesday 😁
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
paulobee



Joined: 10 Mar 2017
Posts: 80

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Keep getting this come up. Maybe the servers need changing or the software used needs updating or renewing......

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Web Server at footballprogrammecentre.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rocky



Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 1398

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:43 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

The recent posts list (showing the last 50) currently covers 5 days and the majority of those are Predictor League posts. Not so long ago, 50 posts or more covered 2 days at the most.

Are the present logging on difficulties preventing people posting leading to a slow demise of the forum?
_________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums

www.middlesbroughfccollection.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Wants List
holtie96



Joined: 30 May 2009
Posts: 2124

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am 
Post subject: Website
Reply with quote

First time in days when the site has loaded immediately. It has been dreadful constantly not loading and showing interval server error plus always getting logged out
Hopefully someone can sort the problem out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1852

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Too often it logs me out and it takes ages to log back in again (ie very slow in accepting my username and password)

I don't have many pics of new badges to add, but sometimes it can be really quick and easy, and other times it just doesn't want to know, and I go away for a while until later then it works well again.

In summary, it's intermittent.

Not interested in predictor league, but if it keeps people coming back to the forum, then maybe from time to time there will be topics they want to talk about.

I do miss my favourite Newport badge collector though, I felt we had a connection in terms of understanding each others collecting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sir craven



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ditto same problems as listed above,very frustrating!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Wants List
Eck



Joined: 25 Aug 2012
Posts: 2467

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Working fine today.
In the browser it says not secure i've clicked on that an changed 2 settings from block to allow i'm not sure if this has made a difference or if admin have done maintainence on the site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Five and In



Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1100
Location: Dawlish, Devon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:40 pm 
Post subject: Difficulty of using this website
Reply with quote

I had a few difficulties accessing the site a few weeks ago for several days, but after I ticked the "remember me" option on the log in page it seems to have sorted things out and I've had no problems since.

Hope I've not jinxed it now Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
manchesterunitedman1



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 2837
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: Difficulty of using this website
Reply with quote

Five and In wrote:
I had a few difficulties accessing the site a few weeks ago for several days, but after I ticked the "remember me" option on the log in page it seems to have sorted things out and I've had no problems since.

Hope I've not jinxed it now Laughing


MORE or less EVERY TIME I visit I have to re-log in and get a new password and when I do sometimes it is useless as it will not move forward.

On another topic there is a distinct lack of hardly any collectors who ever offer up any of their stuff for discussion, other than asking for values or pricing usually.

I am going to make a fresh start this weekend and start to post a few items, some may not be anything to do with Newton Heath or Manchester United and will be there to encourage other collectors to participate.

Wave

Oh and a big thank you to everyone who looks at my website as this week the 14 million views has been passed, taken 12 years to date and 1000's more items to go on from the 1880's-so once again I thank you all Clap Clap Clap Clap Wave
_________________
Leslie Millman
[email protected]
Twitter: @manyuman1

To see 16,000+ original images relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2019 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images-14++++ MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1852

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Well done Leslie, that's MASSIVE!

In terms of match badges, I've pretty much put up all that there will be for the season, so there isn't much else to show and discuss at the moment! And the main person I used to talk to about it (Littlewiggy) isn't here anymore, so I occasionally drop him an email instead.

I tend to join in on an interesting topic, but I'm not sure people really want to see my old tat, sorry collectible memorabilia, and talk about it as it's a bit niche it's not really all that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pastpirate
Forum Moderator


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 2318
Location: The blue half of Bristol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Must admit I have been unable to log in in the normal way for months. The only way I manage it is to go to an old "New private message has arrived) email and click on the link. Seems to work every time doing it that way. I have contacted Craig (The guy that set up the forum in the first place) and he seems unable to get it sorted. A couple of us have set up a back up forum in case things get too bad here. Only problem is that I won't be able to transfer any posts from here to the new forum. If you want a link to it just post here.
_________________
I am not gas, I am a Pirate.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 3243
Location: Wallington Surrey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 am 
Post subject: Re: Difficulty of using this website
Reply with quote

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
I had a few difficulties accessing the site a few weeks ago for several days, but after I ticked the "remember me" option on the log in page it seems to have sorted things out and I've had no problems since.

Hope I've not jinxed it now Laughing


MORE or less EVERY TIME I visit I have to re-log in and get a new password and when I do sometimes it is useless as it will not move forward.

On another topic there is a distinct lack of hardly any collectors who ever offer up any of their stuff for discussion, other than asking for values or pricing usually.

I am going to make a fresh start this weekend and start to post a few items, some may not be anything to do with Newton Heath or Manchester United and will be there to encourage other collectors to participate.

Wave

Oh and a big thank you to everyone who looks at my website as this week the 14 million views has been passed, taken 12 years to date and 1000's more items to go on from the 1880's-so once again I thank you all Clap Clap Clap Clap Wave


You have a fantastic collection Leslie and I am in awe.

As regards my own stuff, I concentrate on press photos with my website PPP with over 8000 photos on sale. I have about 2000 (probably, never counted) relating to Crystal Palace photos not on any website. One day I must set one up so the world can see them.

However, every time I update PPP I add to a thread on this site and always include about half a dozen new arrivals for interest and perhaps to prompt some discussion. My last 2 updates have prompted nothing, diddly squat. So either my photos are boring and appeal to no one, or people are too busy, or nobody reads my thread any more. Who knows? Anyway, there's another update coming in 2/3 weeks, just in time for Xmas, and I will add to the thread here as always, so who knows what's in store?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pafcprogs



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 804
Location: Westerham Kent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I find if you search for the site on Google and then click Your Messages link it takes you past the log in to your inbox....most effective way I have found of defeating the log in problem.
_________________
Currently disposing of my collection so please email any wants lists to [email protected].
Most Plymouth post war but plenty of others Cup Finals Internationals and Club issues, handbooks and other sports.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4233

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

pastpirate wrote:
Must admit I have been unable to log in in the normal way for months. The only way I manage it is to go to an old "New private message has arrived) email and click on the link. Seems to work every time doing it that way. I have contacted Craig (The guy that set up the forum in the first place) and he seems unable to get it sorted. A couple of us have set up a back up forum in case things get too bad here. Only problem is that I won't be able to transfer any posts from here to the new forum. If you want a link to it just post here.


I think it probably is time to move in all honesty. I think Craig did an absolutely marvellous job in setting this site up in the first instance. It was groundbreaking and he should be thoroughly commended for it. However, the problems are definitely getting worse and as they seem unfixable why not take the option of advising that the site will transfer over on 01/01/20, with the caveat that any old posts will have to remain where they are.

That gives everyone the opportunity to prepare for the move, and hopefully a fault free future. If anybody wants to have an online whip round for Craig for this site as a thankyou I'll throw a couple of pounds in. Any thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pafcprogs



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 804
Location: Westerham Kent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I am in for any whip-round Smile

Now all we need is someone with endless time and patience and a degree of technical competence!

( Rules me out on a minimum of two of those )
_________________
Currently disposing of my collection so please email any wants lists to [email protected].
Most Plymouth post war but plenty of others Cup Finals Internationals and Club issues, handbooks and other sports.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pastpirate
Forum Moderator


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 2318
Location: The blue half of Bristol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Auchinleckian wrote:
pastpirate wrote:
Must admit I have been unable to log in in the normal way for months. The only way I manage it is to go to an old "New private message has arrived) email and click on the link. Seems to work every time doing it that way. I have contacted Craig (The guy that set up the forum in the first place) and he seems unable to get it sorted. A couple of us have set up a back up forum in case things get too bad here. Only problem is that I won't be able to transfer any posts from here to the new forum. If you want a link to it just post here.


I think it probably is time to move in all honesty. I think Craig did an absolutely marvellous job in setting this site up in the first instance. It was groundbreaking and he should be thoroughly commended for it. However, the problems are definitely getting worse and as they seem unfixable why not take the option of advising that the site will transfer over on 01/01/20, with the caveat that any old posts will have to remain where they are.

That gives everyone the opportunity to prepare for the move, and hopefully a fault free future. If anybody wants to have an online whip round for Craig for this site as a thankyou I'll throw a couple of pounds in. Any thoughts?


Think this is sadly the way we have to go.
Will put a post up soon to advise that this forum will be closing soon and give the info on where the new forum can be found.
_________________
I am not gas, I am a Pirate.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum