Football Programmes Centre

My site is growing.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My site is growing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:30 pm 
Post subject: My site is growing.

Started my site http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/ a few years ago as a way of showcasing as many Rovers programmes as possible. We have now started a History Society group at the club and the site is also being used to show lots of other items that members have allowed us to share. My favorite section is the newspaper reports area where one guy has done an incredible amount of research, even finding a report of our first ever game in 1883. We lost, nothing changes at Rovers.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 am 
Post subject: Re: My site is growing.

Hi Pastpirate

First of all, nice website!

I am hoping to start a similar site for my rugby team, but can I just ask regarding the programme images, I am looking at uploading a full copy of the programme if possible. Is this something you have looked at and is it feasible with whatever amount of space weebly offer?
New Forest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 pm 

pastpirate wrote:
Started my site http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/ a few years ago as a way of showcasing as many Rovers programmes as possible. We have now started a History Society group at the club and the site is also being used to show lots of other items that members have allowed us to share. My favorite section is the newspaper reports area where one guy has done an incredible amount of research, even finding a report of our first ever game in 1883. We lost, nothing changes at Rovers.

Impressive site and well done. You do have a few mistakes and you are not alone. Bristol Rovers never played Leyton Orient during their Southern League days. They played Leyton. Clapton Orient only became Leyton Orient after the war.
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:07 pm 

Senior82 wrote:
Hi Pastpirate

I am hoping to start a similar site for my rugby team, but can I just ask regarding the programme images, I am looking at uploading a full copy of the programme if possible. Is this something you have looked at and is it feasible with whatever amount of space weebly offer?

I'm in the process of doing the same with Stevenage programmes on a Weebly site - I've uploaded several hundred full programmes (including recent seasons where the programmes comprise 68 pages) and have encountered no issues. My understanding is that the only limits are on individual file size, rather than on the total number of files uploaded.
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:16 pm 

The SFC Chris wrote:
Senior82 wrote:
Hi Pastpirate

I'm in the process of doing the same with Stevenage programmes on a Weebly site - I've uploaded several hundred full programmes (including recent seasons where the programmes comprise 68 pages) and have encountered no issues. My understanding is that the only limits are on individual file size, rather than on the total number of files uploaded.

Hi Chris

Interesting to know. Would you mind letting me know if you pay for Weebly (feel free to pm)

Also apologies to past pirate for sending the thread off on a tangent!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:48 pm 

New Forest wrote:
pastpirate wrote:

Impressive site and well done. You do have a few mistakes and you are not alone. Bristol Rovers never played Leyton Orient during their Southern League days. They played Leyton. Clapton Orient only became Leyton Orient after the war.

Thanks NF. I will set about changing those entries asap.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm 

I have decided to only show the covers as I just can't face scanning every page, just too much work for me plus simply not enough time to contemplate it. There is no limit to how many images you can upload with the paid for weebley sites so if you are able to handle all that scanning go for it. If you can handle it you are certainly a more patient man than me. lol. I pay for the site. The price is in US Dollars (Can't remember how much) I only have to pay the fee once every two years and the last 3 payments have been £46.22 in 2014, £58.52 in 2016 and £57.92 in 2018.
Cheers, Jamie.

Senior82 wrote:
The SFC Chris wrote:
Senior82 wrote:
Hi Pastpirate

Hi Chris

Interesting to know. Would you mind letting me know if you pay for Weebly (feel free to pm)

Also apologies to past pirate for sending the thread off on a tangent!

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Flickr

Sorry to burst in but Flickr Pro is the easiest to operate in my opinion and it costs around an average of £20 year or so cannot even remember it is so little, payable 2 yearly.
https://flic.kr/p/4gcBRo

My site is growing, now close to 14 mllion views with 16,100 images on and probably at least another 50% off that to one day get on, taken 12 years to get this far.

Main site details are below Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: