Football Programmes Centre

STACEYS FOOTBALL AUCTION 15 April 2019
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
STACEYS FOOTBALL AUCTION 15 April 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davyboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:47 pm 
Post subject: STACEYS FOOTBALL AUCTION 15 April 2019

Football Auction Monday 15th April 2019
Compiled by Football Wanted and held at Staceys Auctioneers Essex
1300 lots in sections for easy perusal or go to www.staceyauction.com
and tap in your requirements to search bar.

Index
1-111 Match Worn Football Shirts
112-141 Manchester United
142-159 1966 World Cup
160-192 Newcastle Utd
193-232 Sunderland
233-299 Bulk Football Programmes
300-399 Tottenham Section 1
400- 599 Single/Small Packets of Programmes
600-699 Tottenham Section 2
700-714 Sheffield Wednesday
715-724 Chelsea
725-741 Football Tickets
742-750 Football Books/Magazines Section 1
751-799 West Ham
800-823 Tottenham Section 3
824-863 Manchester City
864-900 Charlton
901-916 FA Cup Finals
917-924 Misc Football Section 1
925-969 Tottenham Section 4
970-1016 Misc Football Section 2
1017-1039 Arsenal
1040-1049 Football Books/Magazines Section 2
1050-1072 Signed Football Memorabilia Section 1
1073-1099 Single/Small Packets of Football Programmes
1100-1109 Signed Football Memorabilia Section 2
1110-1137 Plymouth
1138-1153 Other Sports
1154-1169 Football Books/Magazines
1170-1196 Football Cards Section 1
1197-1286 Sheffield United
1287-1300 Football Cards Section 2

Text enquiries to 07752609012 or [email protected]
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Is this an auction where they tell you to contact a third party shipping agent rather than post themselves?
Davyboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

Hi
I am glad you asked that question.
The simple answer is no you contact 07950545289. They do posting at just about a few pounds over actual postage to take in card charges and packaging.
This service costs loses me around £100 per day but is worth it to keep my customers happy.
There is a company named Jentel that pack items for many auction companies but as soon as one of my clients complained due to cost we took it over ourselves many years ago.
Hope that helps.
Best Wishes
Dave (Football Wanted)
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks. Who are "they"?
Davyboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:09 am 
Post subject:

Hi
They are friends who help for a week from Wednesday after the auction until I have cleared the auction room ready for Staceys next one as its a very busy place.
Staceys still use Jentel (Football Wanted don't) and they are very good at their job but after 20% commission then saleroom taking nearly 6% the last thing a buyer wants is to be hit with an inflated postage bill.
square1back2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 am 
Post subject:

I have used Football Wanted postal services in the past and have always found them to be very good and competitive although I have only had one or two programmes sent at any time.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the clarification Thumbs Up
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:14 pm 
Post subject:

Adding my two-pennorth, Dave at Football Wanted is the fairest of all the auctioneers I deal with, and that's saying something as some of the others are excellent too.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
galmpton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Stacys Auction

I have found Dave at football wanted(Stacys) to be very good in postage charges and never had a problem.
Stewart
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

As usual a programme I’m after is “bundled” together with programmes I’m not interested in........Lot 196 contains the 1950-51 Sunderland v Portsmouth programme. (With writing) If anyone (including dealers) is thinking on bidding for this Lot I would be happy to make an agreeable offer for this programme before the Auction takes place. Please PM if interested. Thank you.
Davyboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks indeed for your kind words.
Yours in sport
Dave
Davyboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

LIVE BIDDING AT STACEYS AUCTION (WITHOUT COMMISSION)

Saleroom are charging nearly 6% at all auctions plus the usual buyers commission.

Staceys have successfully trialled iRostrum and we can confirm you can bid with them without live bidding fees. (commission still applies)

You can also use saleroom as usual (commission plus 6%)

We are trying hard to keep buyers fees down.

Please email [email protected] for details

Regards Dave
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 pm 
Post subject:

Excellent auction today, really nice to see so many old West Ham faces there, including a couple of guys I've not met before

Managed to get the two lots I really wanted, bit of a hammering on the bank account but now complete home and away back to the war including every postponed game so very pleased indeed.

I'll put my feet up now Smile
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Some really good SALE prices, didnt get anything myself, went beyond my expectations.

If the winner of lot 565 is on here, please get in touch
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm 
Post subject:

A mix of prices.Some very early Sheffield United programmes went unsold for £30 or £40 but some others went berserk.I noticed one lot with an estimate of £30/40 sold for £3600.That will be the Easter egg money gone then.
The Tottenham Hotspur items sold for a lot more than i thought they would do.Some folk will have definately have overspent
The shirts to start the auction looked like a very quiet market.I don't know anything about match worn shirts but they seem to often sell less than a replica sells for
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:04 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:

The shirts to start the auction looked like a very quiet market.I don't know anything about match worn shirts but they seem to often sell less than a replica sells for

Simply too many available and not enough collectors. Gone are the days where heaven forbid one of the superstars has to wear the same shirt twice, they simply end up getting worn once, signed and sold/given top auction and soon become worthless
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
.I noticed one lot with an estimate of £30/40 sold for £3600.That will be the Easter egg money gone then.

That would have been the Man Utd v Hearts single sheet (American Soccer News) for the game in New York. Exceptionally rare, so perhaps due to one of the clubs involved no surprise it went high.
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

I am still struggling to understand why it is so valuable.It doesn't even look like a programme.It looks like a single piece of paper which is talking about several football things including obviously this game.Hardly a programme for me.
I accept it might possibly be the only thing available,which i am sure somebody will clarify,but nevertheless to pay over £4300 including fees is just crazy.How many folk can afford that amount of money.Hardly an investment.Or indeed is it an investment in the opinion of the more knowledgeable folk on this forum?
I suppose the top end collectors of both clubs would have an interest.I think that Hearts could have some wealthy collectors and i know Manchester United do.Would it possibly have been the clubs themselves bidding for this as i just can't see any value in over £4000 for a relatively modern single piece of paper
I did check on the stunning collection of Manchesterunitedman and he didn't appear to show it in his collection,so possibly indeed a very rare item.I await with interest the comments as i love things like this being explained.I find it very interesting
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:24 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
I am still struggling to understand why it is so valuable.It doesn't even look like a programme.It looks like a single piece of paper which is talking about several football things including obviously this game.Hardly a programme for me.
I accept it might possibly be the only thing available,which i am sure somebody will clarify,but nevertheless to pay over £4300 including fees is just crazy.How many folk can afford that amount of money.Hardly an investment.Or indeed is it an investment in the opinion of the more knowledgeable folk on this forum?
I suppose the top end collectors of both clubs would have an interest.I think that Hearts could have some wealthy collectors and i know Manchester United do.Would it possibly have been the clubs themselves bidding for this as i just can't see any value in over £4000 for a relatively modern single piece of paper
I did check on the stunning collection of Manchesterunitedman and he didn't appear to show it in his collection,so possibly indeed a very rare item.I await with interest the comments as i love things like this being explained.I find it very interesting

https://flic.kr/s/aHskMA9iBy it is in there tucked away

I uploaded that programme to my flickr site 10 years ago. To my knowledge I have only known of 3 copies that have ever surfaced-now there are 4??? now with the publicity who knows how many will surface?. The original match card for the 1909 Cup Final at the Crystal Palace with MU v Bristol City only ever surfaced in a private sale in the year 2000 for £16k. Then, maybe 8-10 years later a copy was sold at Graham Budd's for £23,000+ commissions of around 15%[may have been the same copy?], then in his next sale or the one after that?? some months later another one turned up and sold for £16k + commissions and since then it has not appeared again at an auction, so who knows if the May 22nd 1960 ASL broadsheet will surface again-my bet is it certainly will with that kind of money involved!.

One of the rarest post war away's, and I paid well into 4 figures to secure it around 15 years ago, the cream always rises to the top.

If anyone pay any amount then it is their brass and they are entitled to spend it anyway they please, some buy fancy cars or hi fi and some invest in stocks and in football memorabilia.

Oh and it is the ONLY team sheet that was produced for this game surprisingly, it is considered therefore a programme.

The estimate was totally inaccurate, they were not aware of the rarity, it should have been set around the 1500-1800 region, but I grant you that 3,600 ++ was a totally exceptional level-obviously a number of collectors were determined to have it and as the vendor and the auction house-one of those magic moments for them both!

These are just my views others may feel differently Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!

Last edited by manchesterunitedman1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: