Football Programmes Centre

Anyone going to Mullocks auction?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone going to Mullocks auction?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:57 am 
Post subject: Anyone going to Mullocks auction?

I do not want to incur a large additional shipping charge for one programme so if anyone is going to Mullocks auction would you be prepared to bid on one lot for me?

If so I look forward to hearing from you and we can then sort out the detail.

Thanks in anticipation.

Martin
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm 

You are very welcome to bid at Mullocks Auctions, our next one is 11 April.

What evidence do you have that you will incur a 'large additional shipping charge for one programme' ? I await to hear the source of your wisdom which you continually broadcast on this forum.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Mullocks auction?

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
You are very welcome to bid at Mullocks Auctions, our next one is 11 April.

What evidence do you have that you will incur a 'large additional shipping charge for one programme' ? I await to hear the source of your wisdom which you continually broadcast on this forum.

I take great objection to your statement "you continually broadcast on this forum."

If I remember correctly I made mention of Mullocks outsourcing deliveries in a previous thread but not "continually".

My one personal experience of outsourced delivery with another Auction House is that they are in it for profit and so it is uneconomic for one off programmes. I was quoted £20 delivery for one programme!!!

So can you let me know how much it would cost to send one lightweight programme by Special Delivery?
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 am 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
Auchinleckian wrote:
How about a collectively signed letter from forum users to the likes of Mullocks highlighting what's being said?

Mullocks will pick up on the above as they are members on the Forum. It will be interesting to see if they respond.

Mullocks, like other Auction Houses, have decided that they do not want the overhead of staff just to pack and despatch items and so the easy option is to outsource it. They therefore have no control over what the customer is charged. They should be interested in what the customer is charged as it may well affect future business from that customer.

I draw your attention to the above post, it was one of several you made in November 2017. You stated that our company did not want our staff to pack and despatch items and therefore had no control what the customer is charged. Completely an untruth, where did you gain this information and why pass it on if it was not true? Not the only comment you made about the company.

You now state about Mullocks 'I do not want to incur a LARGE ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE for one programme' a continuation of your diatribe previously made on this forum----further amassing (in November 2017) comments from others who believe that your assertions are based upon fact--they are not fact and you know damn well they are not.
You confirm you have only one experience of an outsourced delivery and that was with another AUCTION HOUSE. The question following your comments is what has that got to do with THIS auction house.

For your information on page 3 of our catalogue it is clear what our details are regarding postage and packing, further advice is given as to other options---READ IT!

To everyone, we try to cooperate with all situations and deal with matters in a fair way, we do not try to 'rip people off' and that,normally, should go without saying---in this case it has to be said.

A post like that had to be answered and has the potential to go further if that is what the circumstances will demand.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:16 am 
Post subject:

I left a commission bid with Mullocks at the last auction, won the item and Mullocks posted to me at a very realistic price. I believe they are happy to post themselves if the package is not too large.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:58 am 
Post subject:

I've bid and won with Mullocks before and postage was pretty much at cost, just as you get with Sporting Gold and all the other auction houses I've bid on.

Remember Mullocks don't just sell football programmes, they also sell all sorts of antiques etc which won't fit into an A4 envelope - to pack & send these safely would need time, effort and expertise over and above the cost of a stamp and an envelope so I don't see the problem with outsourcing this sort of work and advertising that as your default position in your T&Cs
martino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52 am 
Post subject:

Topbidwinsagain - I note your comments. My apologies for having misunderstood Mullocks delivery policy.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:02 am 

martino wrote:
Topbidwinsagain - I note your comments. My apologies for having misunderstood Mullocks delivery policy.

Accepted, thankyou.

Lets move on.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:40 am 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
I've bid and won with Mullocks before and postage was pretty much at cost, just as you get with Sporting Gold and all the other auction houses I've bid on.

Remember Mullocks don't just sell football programmes, they also sell all sorts of antiques etc which won't fit into an A4 envelope - to pack & send these safely would need time, effort and expertise over and above the cost of a stamp and an envelope so I don't see the problem with outsourcing this sort of work and advertising that as your default position in your T&Cs

Sid, you've 'hit the nail on the head' as they say up here.

In the recent past we have packaged and sent a small decorative elephant (big enough to sit on), a rocking horse,fishing rods of various lengths (not easy items to pack), framed paintings of all sizes (restrictions by Royal Mail if glazed),very heavy items of varying sizes and shapes,pottery and glassware----you get the picture (no pun intended). Also, we have sent to Europe, America, South Africa,Australia, plus many other places, it can be very complicated but we do it.

I need to clear one important point; at auction when a winning bid is received the property ownership devolves from vendor to winner, it is therefore the purchaser who has the responsibility to take charge of the delivery and it is the purchaser who has the choice of method and, therefore, the cost. We come across all sorts of problems eg say a purchaser who has requirements to send the item(s) to a different address,purchaser sends his own courier but does not tell us (how do we know the collecting person is genuine) and so on.
So why do we have a Shipping Agent?
The SA is our backstop when we have no alternative and this backstop seems to be as complicated as another BACKSTOP we hear about day after day, the answer in both cases is to have a DIFFERENT MUTUAL ARRANGEMENT.In our case, just liase with us and we will endeavour to solve the problem, don't forget that insurance plays a part in the process.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: