Football Programmes Centre

So what have you bought/visited because of your club....
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So what have you bought/visited because of your club....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:49 pm 
Post subject: So what have you bought/visited because of your club....

On my recent trip to Tobago we had to visit the Argyle Falls....

I have also bought wine a restaurant in the US with Argyle in the vineyard name, an album called Argyle Park and stayed at the Hollywood Argyle ( fab Art Deco hotel that features in the Jamie Lee Curtis freaky Friday version).

I was staying there when the reception handed me a note from my wife with the semi final of the play off results for 1998 written Argyle 3 Culture 1 ( it was Colchester obviously)

So have you ever visited somewhere just because it would remind you if your team! If so what ( am expecting great things from Leslie!)
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 pm 
Post subject:

It doesn't get any better than this………..

I was walking down Fowey (Cornwall) High Street in about 1990. I walked past a launderette and my eye was caught by a picture in the window, I approached it, dragging Mrs H with me. It was God himself - Jimmy Cannon, Palace legend and record appearance holder, a cig card or trade card. Just him, nobody else, nothing in the window at all, just that. I went in. Nobody was in there, a few drums were spinning. I came out again. That was that.

Plus at random about 5 years earlier I booked a hotel in Bath for a few days. This was pre internet etc. As we drove up, lo and behold, next door to the hotel, a pub.... The Crystal Palace. Mrs H's heart sank.

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

Went for a night out in Blackpool 2005 as Grantham played Fleetwood (before the money was thrown in) at Highbury on the Saturday, a few doors along from our B&B, gutted I didnt know about it prior to arriving, but Grantham House Hotel
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:27 am 
Post subject: Re: So what have you bought/visited because of your club....

pafcprogs wrote:
On my recent trip to Tobago we had to visit the Argyle Falls....

I have also bought wine a restaurant in the US with Argyle in the vineyard name, an album called Argyle Park and stayed at the Hollywood Argyle ( fab Art Deco hotel that features in the Jamie Lee Curtis freaky Friday version).

I was staying there when the reception handed me a note from my wife with the semi final of the play off results for 1998 written Argyle 3 Culture 1 ( it was Colchester obviously)

So have you ever visited somewhere just because it would remind you if your team! If so what ( am expecting great things from Leslie!)

No pressure then eh!

I do not subscribe to any of that I am afraid OTHER than I insisted when I got married for the 3rd time the date had to be the 29th May-end off or it was off!

29th May 1968 was when I was privileged to sit in the VIP seats Royal Box side [costing 4 quid]next to my old man that he had to pay a £100 pair for, to see the Benfica v Manchester United European Cup Final!-it was the greatest night of my footballing life at 17 until that night in the Nou Camp in May 1999[26th not 29th!]

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:51 pm 
Post subject: Bands FC

Ended up purchasing this a combination of my love for 90s Manchester music scene and Oldham Athletic the town I got married in. These badges come from Bands Fc and I also bought a Pulp Sheffield Wednesday football shirt. Very clever concept can be views on Twitter or see their website.
kcs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

Not a purchase but I named my daughter Ella Rose...
(I'm sure some will get it)

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

I am sure I have mentioned this before but when we had twins we rapidly decided they would be called Phoebe and Freya, Freya was given the second name of Claire and I suggested we call Phoebe, Phoebe Amanda ( my wifes best friends name)

She very cooly looked me up and down and said if you think you are giving them names just to do the initials of your football club you can forget it...

Phoebe Julia...so close !!!

P
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: