Football Programmes Centre

New Flickr Uploads today 1930-40-50's eclectic mixture
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Flickr Uploads today 1930-40-50's eclectic mixture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm 
Post subject: New Flickr Uploads today 1930-40-50's eclectic mixture

Just a nudge to say I have uploaded a little cocktail of 1930/40/50's bits and pieces today, photographs, fixture cards, postcard, newspapers, magazines, www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
last_minute_winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Fantastic collection.

May I ask how far you are off a complete pre-war set?

Also, I presume post-war Man United is also complete?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

last_minute_winner wrote:
Fantastic collection.

May I ask how far you are off a complete pre-war set?

Also, I presume post-war Man United is also complete?

Hi

Thanks for the kind words

I have managed to obtain a complete Home and Away Post War League and all Cup Competitions collection for the 2nd time after I had to sell the first one in the year 2000.

As far as Pre-War is concerned it is an impossibility nor is it something that I am actively looking to achieve nor could I or anyone else ever afford it, same scenario with top dollar pricing Pre-War would be Leeds United perhaps.

As I have maintained over time, I have had prior programme collections that had to be broken up and another sold completely so compared to what I have been able to accumulate since 2000 I am more than pleased with and if I never bought another programme I can say I am satisfied with what I have found to date.

I still have around 8000 items or so to add to flickr and that will include around a further 300 or so original Pre-War/War Time programmes that stretch back to 1888 that I have not as yet scanned or uploaded-there is no rush and my style when adding is to mix an odd one or two in with other items each time I upload something.

I want to keep it interesting with what is added and the current team sheets for various reserve teams at all different levels has no interest for me, I just about tolerate the PL programmes home and away but hardly ever spend time reading through and I suppose like everyone else has stated in the past the space they take up is far too much and I am no different to everyone else in that respect, I have to decide when to draw a line under it all and stop-but I have been considering that since 2010!

Everything but programmes has a wider appeal with Tickets, Menu's, Signed items, Newspapers, Postcards as well as Non Paper bits n pieces[but nothing really after the 1980's unless it is something a bit special!]

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

Truly fantastic Leslie, a bona fide museum-standard exhibition.

It was my Flickr anny last Weds mate, exactly one year since I took the plunge.
I've found it a most enjoyable experience and am completely addicted now.

I'd very much like to see a few more of the lads on here set up on there, I'd dearly love to see their collections.

For the record, I had 127k views in my virgin year, which I'm thrilled with, but I've still got a little way to go to catch up on your 10million buddy!

Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: