Football Programmes Centre

Charton v Bristol Rovers 76/7 2 KO Times...???
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Charton v Bristol Rovers 76/7 2 KO Times...???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Charton v Bristol Rovers 76/7 2 KO Times...???

Just sorting though some Charlton homes and noted I had to versions of the above ..one clearly a 7.30 K o and one appearing to be 3PM overprinted and replaced with 7.30next to it.

Any collector of either club aware of what time the match was actually played and if this is an oddity or even better a rarity!

Peter
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

Both issues are featured here Peter. http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/1976-1977-5354.html

This was a Tuesday evening game.
I imagine it may have been that Charlton started printing them with the wrong time on them. On realizing their mistake they must have overprinted the mistake on the ones already printed and then carried on printing more with the correct time, can't be 100% sure though. I took a while to find the 2nd one for my collection (can't remember now which one I had first) but I know I didn't have to pay a lot for it.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that...I thought as much...no chance of retiring on the proceeds from a slavering hoard of desperate Rovers collectors then....pity!

If you know any that need either ( I assume the overprinted is the rarer of the two but who knows then do pass them my details

Peter
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

Will do.
have been told that the day was in fact a Monday (Bank holiday) but the rest of the info (my idea anyway is unchanged).

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: