Football Programmes Centre

Modern day reissues of Chelsea badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Modern day reissues of Chelsea badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valky

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:42 pm 
Post subject: Modern day reissues of Chelsea badges

How sneaky are some badge producers are these days?

I am a big fan of these blue star badges. Original Chelsea ones can fetch £40-£60 even for hardly known players.

Unbelievably, they are remaking these and sticking them on EBay. The photocopy of the player's face is so woeful that it is just embarrassing.

Come up with something original or just sod off.

Another strange Ebay one is this "Official Programme Vendor's badge" from the 1920s which is stamped with the club's new version of its crest not introduced until the 21st Century someone is trying to sell for nearly £100!

bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: Modern day reissues of Chelsea badges

Valky wrote:
How sneaky are some badge producers are these days?

I am a big fan of these blue star badges. Original Chelsea ones can fetch £40-£60 even for hardly known players.

Unbelievably, they are remaking these and sticking them on EBay. The photocopy of the player's face is so woeful that it is just embarrassing.

Although the description of these badges makes it clear that these are 'modern day' versions, the title doesn't explain this which could be construed as an attempt to trap the unwary.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

There must be about a dozen of those star badges for Palace, I once saw a collector sell off a whole lot of them across 2 items on ebay

Personally never liked them nor coveted them as genuine and original and authentic as they are, I think they just look nasty!

But each to their own and I totally respect anyone who likes them and collects them (Leslie has loads for example and as a collection they are credible I guess)

To remake them though is a complete joke and totally pointless!! Cannot see why they would do that short of ripping off both the unsuspecting collectors, which they will when resold

Last edited by Dorking on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Theresonlyoneutd

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm 
Post subject:

Not only have the star badges been reissued at Old Trafford years ago but numerous coffer badges in cheap nasty plastic-by Old Trafford I mean local shops near the ground/swag sellers not the club itself...
Valky

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

Have chased up some of the sellers to ask if the badges they sell are vintage badges or modern replicas. They often don't reply. So I will start reporting them to Ebay.

Here is an example of another one that looks a modern replica.

GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

There is a whole range of Chelsea replicas currently flooding the market. Recently someone sold from the artwork, with a version in 20 different colours for these 60/70 style badges.
I guess a few are now making their way back as vintage, rare etc, never sure for what they were intended, reproductions or a quick buck..
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 am 
Post subject:

Deleted as have reconsidered the unfair tone of original post and unfounded comments

Last edited by Dorking on Sun May 22, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:07 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
There must be about a dozen of those star badges for Palace, I once saw a collector sell off a whole lot of them across 2 items on ebay

Personally never liked them nor coveted them as genuine and original and authentic as they are, I think they just look nasty!

But each to their own and I totally respect anyone who likes them and collects them (Leslie has loads for example and as a collection they are credible I guess)

To remake them though is a complete joke and totally pointless!! Cannot see why they would do that short of ripping off both the unsuspecting collectors, which they will when resold

David

Showing my age here, I have got 22 different Palace star badges all bought when I was very young in the early 1960's. In those days it was all that was available apart from the Supporters Club badge. It was what you collected back then, you collect the modern day version which are the matchday badges, some are good and some awful, as you say every one to their own.

Don't forget to buy your Cup Final mug tomorrow, I will be buying mine!
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 pm 
Post subject:

Hi
I certainly will be buying the Cup Final mug tomorrow. More stuff will be added online tonight and tomorrow, there will be other stuff available too. See PMs

I totally accept your point re the match badges, its a fad of the last 10 years to be honest (and weirdly I almost like the bad ones more!!!)

The Star badges was Ron Daughtry, he sold off a near complete collection a few years ago.

Absolutely each to their own. New Official badges from the Palace shop these days are truly dreadful! Glass fronted and unimaginative designs.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: