Football Programmes Centre

Latest E-Bay Scam
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Latest E-Bay Scam
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:01 am 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
derby1884 wrote:

Agree with every word you write.

The world's most common football programme is 53/4 Bristol Rovers v Derby - dozens for sale on EBay 24/7. Time after time. On and on it goes ad infinitum. Maybe this will cull the deluge?

This was our 1st ever season in the 2nd Division.
I imagine we were expecting a big crowd.
Rovers must have printed 200,000 of the bloody things as they never stop being sold,

Well, never stop being up for sale!
Sold? I wonder if anyone does manage to unload a copy on some poor unsuspecting soul?

I presume the other issues that season are not as prevalent as this one?
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 am 
Post subject:

Rarely do ebay anymore, the fun has gone out of it. 5 minutes on a sunday evening if that.

Over half a million football programme listings, and yet just 28,000 auction lots, that's just 6%. Dare say that at least 80% of the rest is the same repeated items that don't sell, over and over again.

Don't expect it will effect the main culprits, doesn't these changes only effect private sellers.......not business ones....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:46 am 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
I agree with PompeyPete.

I don't often have anything good to say about the modern-day highway robbers eBay, but I am completely fed up of seeing the same unsold guff on there week after week after ruddy week.

I like to trawl the ticket and badge sections, not only for potential purchases, but also because I enjoy looking at items of nice memorabilia and admiring them.

I've seen the same unsold items crop up weekly for about two years now, and the sellers still haven't got the message.
No bugger wants them!!
Stop frickin' listing them!!!!!
They're not going to sell.

Anything that weeds out this sort of thing gets the thumbs up from me.

I second that.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:53 am 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Don't expect it will effect the main culprits, doesn't these changes only effect private sellers.......not business ones....

Correct sharrow.

Different selling criteria for business sellers so the 000's of overpriced **** will be around for some time.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Rarely do ebay anymore, the fun has gone out of it. 5 minutes on a sunday evening if that.

Over half a million football programme listings, and yet just 28,000 auction lots, that's just 6%. Dare say that at least 80% of the rest is the same repeated items that don't sell, over and over again.

I have to say that eBay – for me at least – chucks up items on a regular basis that gets the auld blood pumping. There’s a programme on just now that I have never seen before and isn’t on my website, a “second” programme (not pirate) from a Scotland away game from over 50 years ago. There’s a programme from Hearts tour to Australia in 1959 on currently that very rarely appears.

I have a fairly narrow band collecting wise as I’ve paired back my collection and concentrated on fewer collecting streams, but there’s rarely a time when I have nothing on my watch list that I don’t want/need (don’t always get them or bid for them mind you!). I can see though that if you’re a one club collecting person and have been in the game for many years, that maybe ebay will throw up less and less of interest.

On the subject of re-listing items, there’s an England v Scotland programme fully autographed by both sides (1959 I think?) that has been on for £895 BIN for at least 2 years with no reduction in price. What the heck is the point? It’s overpriced and will never sell.
Telfordfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:47 am 
Post subject:

Will you tell BFE or shall I?

Don't worry, their pricing structure for Non-League Programmes makes me laugh most weeks, although they barely sell any Non-Lge anyway, look at their sold listings proves the point.
Now form an orderly queue for Kidderminster Harriers v Forest Green 99/2000 yours for a bargain £3.99!!
Be lucky to get 50p in the Harriers programme hut.
femalefan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:54 am 
Post subject:

I think you are being a bit harsh they do a service.
I recently purchased an recent England international from them at £2.99 post free and the postage was £1.26. The programme hut is in a fortunate position of getting donated programmes and they dont have to parcel and post them off.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:02 pm 
Post subject:

femalefan wrote:
I think you are being a bit harsh they do a service.
I recently purchased an recent England international from them at £2.99 post free and the postage was £1.26. The programme hut is in a fortunate position of getting donated programmes and they dont have to parcel and post them off.

They do a service, its true, but it doesn't half clutter up the searches with 1000's of unwanted items.

Using your example and taking into account paypal/ebay charges, envelopes etc, what is the point behind it? Their surplus is probably a pound if they're lucky. Its hardly a wonderful business model.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: