Football Programmes Centre

The forum
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:44 pm 
Post subject: The forum

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Crying or Very sad
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

Time for bed, said Zebedee.

ps I think you have a problem with your "Z" key.

HTH

Driving
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:29 pm 
Post subject:

from a horse racing forum
""I often despair when I start to read some threads on the forum .
All the rivalries and petty jealousy that creeps in .
It seems one half of the forum hates the other half ?
Its so self defeating and destructive -all this abusive tickle tackle and point scoring .
I am better than you ! . My Dad id bigger than yours ?
It didnt used to be like this on here a few years ago .
I just cannot see the point of all this invective .
We should be on here to help each other with constructive points of view and positive comments.
I wonder if its the way the whole Country is going nowadays ?
Endless bickering and snidey remarks ?
W H A T I S T H E P O I N T ? ""

I get the feeling this is human nature , and sadly grown men would rather bitch than try and help and be constructive. I wondered how long before remarks would start. The last week or so the forum has been all about the hobby and no nastiness. And some people find that boring. Well , what can you say ? Maybe a "" lets Bitch thread " so all the wannabe Joan Collins can be happy...
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

Right here goes, my first post, I guess one of the silent majority that doesn't post that rankles some.

I don't collect programmes, my love is badges, how ever in the past the odd programme was neatly stacked in safe storage. I can't compete with your vast knowledge on here but I can't thank you enough for the passion you show, the generosity in which you share your knowledge.

Boring never, educational, always.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't think there were many posts on here about badges. I would have thought the hobby would have a forum of it's own as there are quite a few collectors. I noticed by chance the other day, how popular the collecting of football shirts was. There are quite a few sites ( more than programmes ). It's amazing . Modern player cards and shirts are two massive hobby's but rarely get a mention here. Probably the younger generation who don't seem interested in programmes ?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:01 pm 
Post subject:

and we worry about storage space for programmes
Laughing
WBA57

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:19 pm 
Post subject: The Forum

When is Bazza Baggie coming back ?
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

Modern cards has its own forum, the FCF

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/index/

Shirts, I don't really know.

The badge section on here is probably the only real badges forum around, albeit there are a few facebook groups here and there. Badge collecting also has the AFBC, but can be a little secretive and is a bit of an insular hobby. Not a vast amount you can do compared to programmes. I guess you can share images of your collection and discuss storage and places to get them, but it's not a particularly dynamic hobby! Always happy for anyone to try and liven up the badges forum on here, but it does need both an interesting topic, and most importantly people to join in and contribute with pictures etc. Most of the time I think we are just happy quietly collecting on our own (I do try and maintain an annual match badges thread)
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:39 pm 
Post subject:

Bloody hell that modern card forum is massive. A parallel universe to us oldies. It's odd. Both are football collectables (programmes/cards) but I very much doubt anyone collects both. Cheers for waking up the forum Bazza Thumbs Up
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: The Forum

WBA57 wrote:

As if you didn't know...... Wink Wink Laughing
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:31 pm 

WBA57 wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sherlock
overlap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

I think this is a one-pipe problem for old Sherlock

Seems like a certain former member is missing his daily dose of bile.

I for one am enjoying the polite and adult discussion on the forum, but that might just be me.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:06 pm 

WBA57 wrote:

He isn't.

Oh and Saddlersfan.

If you don't like it here do you want to leave?

I don't mind.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:08 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
I think this is a one-pipe problem for old Sherlock

Seems like a certain former member is missing his daily dose of bile.

I for one am enjoying the polite and adult discussion on the forum, but that might just be me.

Not at all! there is myself in full agreement with you and there are many others, perhaps one or two more may voice their opinions.

The Forum does not need the continual sniping, sarcasm or nastiness, it is a much more pleasant & welcoming place don't you agree?.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

The Forum does not need the continual sniping, sarcasm or nastiness, it is a much more pleasant & welcoming place don't you agree?.

Indeed Leslie, and I hope your team does well this season.... Wink Wink Wink Laughing
notreve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:31 am 
Post subject:

Add mine to the tally who is much happier with an informative forum lacking insults
If saddlersfan thinks it's too boring he need not visit the site! Simple!!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:22 am 
Post subject:

Bar one notable self imposed holiday I've been on the Forum since it started. Having made the return it's good to notice the definite change in tone to the postings on here, and I'm sure there were numerous folk who would have posted but didn't in case they too were subject to the nasty sarcasm that was around.

Think the Forum is now perhaps en route to returning to what it was originally, and long may it continue.

As an aside, I had a telephone call from Cheshire Police this week, reference the scam that was perpetrated on here a while ago when I, along with at least four others, was scammed by a guy who called himself "Beefy" They police said they'd done all they could, but the guy who carried it out was a pro. The mobile phone was unregistered. His email ip address was in the USA, and it would have cost far in excess of the crime's proceeds just to have got those details. The house he had a cheque sent to was in effect a bail hostel with people coming and going all the while.

The file is now closed, and although we didn't get anything back, the fact that we managed to get a great deal of publicity on here and in Programme Monthly hopefully means that others haven't been caught out since. I certainly haven't heard of any. No doubt the bumwipe will be using other genres of collectables to try and con others, but again. the response of folk on here to help shows exactly what a valuable resource it can be for all.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:44 am 
Post subject:

Jim LFC wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Indeed Leslie, and I hope your team does well this season.... Wink Wink Wink Laughing

now now there is no need to be pleasant Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:47 am 
Post subject:

Well posted Auchinleckian.

Sorry to here about your losses, and others too, from this unscrupulous so and so's. Shame there isn't an ending where you and others are, in some part, paid back.

The tide turned for the better and it seems to me that this forum is a friendlier place nowadays. Yes, a little friendly dig here and there but on the whole, everyone seems to be assisting and discussing more than before. Long may it continue. Smile
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:28 am 
Post subject:

Sorry to hear that John. Please let be a lesson when a new poster comes on and offers something great. If I or others ask awkward questions, then please do not have a go at us . We are not being mean and nasty to ""newbies"" , only trying to find out what they say they have is real. I know people get all excited thinking they'll pick up a bargain but think first. And if the "" newbie"" gets aggressive and sarcastic I suggest he is banned and the threat deleted to protect the forum and potential sellers. It happens occasionally . But as John says, they are professional con men out there who'll rob us of £1000s but it's Not enough to chase up. Crazy.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: