Football Programmes Centre

gotgotneed
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
gotgotneed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talks A Good Game

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 11:14 am 
Post subject: gotgotneed

Some forum members may be aware of this site already - if not, it may be of interest.
gotgotneed.co
It was launched less than 2 weeks ago.
Loaded with football cards and stickers at the moment. But does cater for all sorts of memorabilia (not just sports related). So I’m sure plenty of programmes will find their way on to the site.
I don’t know or have any connection to the site owner - only found out about it via posts on twitter / Facebook by Carl Wilkes.
But I have registered as a seller - £99 annual subscription (£12 monthly).
No sellers fees or commission to pay on sales - so I thought it would be worth a punt.
grantham

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:57 am 
Post subject:

Staying clear of that site, looks abit iffy to me.

About us tells you nothing, terms and conditions explain California law and the site is registered in Preston. Football programmes category is called Soccer and has 1 listing and to top it all, they are using an already established domain variant to get traffic
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

It seems to be mainly cards (which I know nothing about) but for the tickets, they are wildly overpriced - £15 for a 1970s England home at Wembley is absurd

It feels like a variation on the "Collect Soccer" website's approach - list everything at ten times its actual value and get the occasional sale to someone who has no idea that the same item is available for a fraction of the price elsewhere
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:47 pm 
Post subject:

It has been set up predominately for sporting cards (Trade/Cigarette etc) with the idea that numerous other items relating to other collecting areas can be added to the site by basically anyone. These include coins, comics, video games, tickets, programmes etc. Several well known dealers have already moved their wears onto the site from their own sites or Ebay due to the fact that costs to use the site are minimal. Sellers get their requested monies with no percentage going to a third party unlike auction houses, Ebay etc. Registration is free and you can use it just like Ebay but without any of your money going to third parties. I have already purchased one item on the site from a seller in Spain with absolutely no hassle with agreed Postage & Packaging charges. On the comment of prices, there will always be a variation no matter what platform is used and there will always be someone trying to sell something at an inflated price......I see this site as a positive move for both buyers and sellers.
Talks A Good Game

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:14 am 
Post subject:

Obviously, having registered, I hope there is nothing iffy about the site Grantham.
The owner has been very quick and supportive in response to a couple of issues I’ve asked about - all good so far.
Early days but hopefully it can become established as a market place for collectors in many genres.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:48 am 
Post subject:

At the moment there are 4553 items listed of which 4349 are from a single dealer

4349 by FSC
87 by MM
42 by ASM
39 by VSE
36 by others

Suggesting that so far only one dealer has migrated significant stock to this platform
Talks A Good Game

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:40 am 
Post subject:

FSC have been trailing the site for months Sid.
I didn’t see the site on launch day, but it’s clear that their stock provided the basis to go live.
Time will tell if many more dealers are attracted to the platform. It is unlimited listings for just over £8 a month (with no additional listing / sales fees) - so personally I thought it’s got to be worth a dabble.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: