Football Programmes Centre

BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:42 pm 
Post subject: BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62397375

What do we pay the license fee for ?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

Gary Lineker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
stfc831968

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:53 pm 
Post subject:

I was sad to hear that, but i can't remember the last time i ever listened to it.

Back in the day it used to be leave the ground, in the car to drive home and Sports Report on. Now, i'm lucky if i'm leaving the ground by 5pm so can't hear it anyway.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:32 pm 
Post subject:

Sad to see it go, much like the Saturday evening footy-special newspaper, but I guess it's completely redundant in this era of smart phones. The game we all fell hopelessly in love with is long, long gone, sadly.

Terraces, muddy pitches, players driving Ford Cortinas, ABC half-time scoreboards, the stench of liniment & pipe smoke, black football boots, green goalie jerseys, floodlight pylons, distinctive goal stanchions, and soon the match programme itself.

Those of us of a certain age will never forget that epic theme tune & the name James Alexander Gordon, though.

Da do da do da do da do, la la la la ... Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
CHRIS GIBBS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

The BBC have followed other broadcasters in thinking all football fans follow Premier League teams. Not just on radio, but on TV as well.
Like others, getting back to the car for 5pm is not easy these days and the phone is making the radio redundant for final scores.
606 had become mainly a Premier League show and turned off in my car.
Football is changing but not always for the better.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:33 pm 
Post subject:

CHRIS GIBBS wrote:
The BBC have followed other broadcasters in thinking all football fans follow Premier League teams. Not just on radio, but on TV as well.
Like others, getting back to the car for 5pm is not easy these days and the phone is making the radio redundant for final scores.
606 had become mainly a Premier League show and turned off in my car.
Football is changing but not always for the better.

Chris I think it is fair to say that it HAS already changed and not for the better. The Rich get Richer in football and the rest struggle to survive. Sad

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: