Football Programmes Centre

Stoke City ''FREE Programmes!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stoke City ''FREE Programmes!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
programme_seller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:03 pm 
Post subject: Stoke City ''FREE Programmes!!

Hats off to Stoke City who are distributing progrmmes this season FREE OF CHARGE, whilst some clubs around the country are using the excuse that they (clubs) lose money on their programmes each season(?).

If any Stoke fans can get me 2 copies per match, I'm happy to exchange with other clubs programmes.
sellsell39

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

I am sure that Stoke City have good intentions - but this sounds like a dangerous slippery slope for our football programme future to me.

If the programmes are free there will be no second hand market.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

sellsell39 wrote:
I am sure that Stoke City have good intentions - but this sounds like a dangerous slippery slope for our football programme future to me.

If the programmes are free there will be no second hand market.

On the contrary. IF giving the programmes away introduces new collectors into the hobby of programme collecting then i'm all for it.

I can think of lots of examples each season where programmes are free when British clubs are playing away in Europe & similarly with away International fixtures too where the second hand market hasn't been affected.
ndg1860

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:46 am 
Post subject:

Just to add to this to get the complete picture.

Stoke City are offering free programmes at their games. If you cannot make it to the games, Stoke have organised through Ignition for them to print extra copies, which they will sell for £2.50 all up (i.e., incl. postage), the cost being to cover the extra printing, postage and handling.
martino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 am 
Post subject: Re: Stoke City ''FREE Programmes!!

programme_seller wrote:
Hats off to Stoke City who are distributing progrmmes this season FREE OF CHARGE, whilst some clubs around the country are using the excuse that they (clubs) lose money on their programmes each season(?).

If any Stoke fans can get me 2 copies per match, I'm happy to exchange with other clubs programmes.

Huddersfield are also doing FREE programmes at present. If you cannot get to the match just go to the online shop and you only pay a small amount for delivery.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 pm 

programme_seller wrote:
Hats off to Stoke City who are distributing progrmmes this season FREE OF CHARGE, whilst some clubs around the country are using the excuse that they (clubs) lose money on their programmes each season(?)..

Easy when you have a billionaire chairman with nothing else to do with his money.

Most of us have to generate our own income.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

How are the free programmes at Stoke distributed?

I've been to England games abroad where there has just been a huge pile or even a shopping trolley full of them, and people take about 10 each, to make a few quid on ebay, or to give to friends back home,

and at Holland away, one programme is put on each seat, some people who get in early took them off other peoples seats to get more than 1 each (although not as bad greed as when there is just a huge stack of glossy A4 programmes)

Are they on the turnstiles or what?
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:37 pm 

whosbrianwilson wrote:
programme_seller wrote:
Hats off to Stoke City who are distributing progrmmes this season FREE OF CHARGE, whilst some clubs around the country are using the excuse that they (clubs) lose money on their programmes each season(?)..

Easy when you have a billionaire chairman with nothing else to do with his money.

Most of us have to generate our own income.
In fairness to the Coates family, their billions is not inherited wealth but from their own vision and work to make it happen.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:50 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
How are the free programmes at Stoke distributed?

I've been to England games abroad where there has just been a huge pile or even a shopping trolley full of them, and people take about 10 each, to make a few quid on ebay, or to give to friends back home,

and at Holland away, one programme is put on each seat, some people who get in early took them off other peoples seats to get more than 1 each (although not as bad greed as when there is just a huge stack of glossy A4 programmes)

Are they on the turnstiles or what?

They're on the concourse (inside the stadium). Similar practice to some grounds in Spain (and other countries). Here's a link:- https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/august/Pick-up-your-FREE-matchday-programme/
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:50 am 
Post subject:

Fair play to them, a great intiative. As others have said, there are a lot of examples in Europe where programmes are free, or a nominal cost. Paid for by sponsors/advertisers.

They are sometimes a bit advert heavy for obvious reasons, but if it keeps programmes going, and as long as the basics are covered, then a great idea and gets more people reading them - which helps the advertisers.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Although it does say on the home concourses, which doesn't particularly help away fans (although no doubt plenty will find their way onto ebay, so not unobtainable)
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:39 pm 
Post subject:

Does anyone know if the programmes available outside of Stoke's ground or available in the away end?

How easy has it been for anyone who has already gone to Stoke as an away fan to get a copy at the ground rather than to order through Ignition?
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:37 pm 
Post subject:

Not a Stoke fan, but surely if you are going you should try your luck on the day for getting a free one, before resorting to ebay (where they sell pretty cheap)
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:31 am 
Post subject:

You can also order from Ignition Sports
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: